hello.... i just purchased a blackberry bold (my sony ericsson k850i was smashed to **** like it was made of lego's) and i got to say i'm luving it. i'm so happy i found this site. i have two questions, i'd greatly appreciate any help.

1) i heard that it's possible to browse the internet on the blackberry as if it were using a firefox engine and not the mobile search engine, is this true? and if so how do i do it?

2) how do i make my blackberry use any available wifi service in the area? like say if i'm at home, it automatically uses my connection there, but then if i step out it would then switch back to the regular at&t 3g service w/out me having to manually change the settings.
    Thenks!!
    07-16-09 04:30 PM
    1 - yes , browser options - browser config. - browser ident. (blackberry or internetexplorer or firefox)

2- i think u'll have to safe the wireless connection first .. then it'll connect to it automatically
    07-16-09 05:00 PM
    1 - yes , browser options - browser config. - browser ident. (blackberry or internetexplorer or firefox)
    it's only giving me two options; MEdia Net and Hotspot Browser... no explorer option or firefox.
    07-16-09 05:32 PM
    as for the browser, i'm not sure about firefox's operation as i don't use it, but you can download browser apps like opera mini and bolt (soon to be skyfire which allows flash and streaming video too).

as for the wifi, to have it auto connect, you may have to have the wifi spot as a saved profile. not positive on all of that, but if you're connected to your home wifi, go outside, you'll just be on 3g (or edge, whatever) then as long as you didn't turn off your wifi, you should connect again when you walk back inside....i think.
    07-16-09 05:37 PM
    it's only giving me two options; MEdia Net and Hotspot Browser... no explorer option or firefox.
    Browser identificatio bro .. not browser:
    07-16-09 06:18 PM
    1- Open your browser, menu,options,browser configuration, browser identification
    07-16-09 06:21 PM
    Run a Wi-Fi search in the place you go the most & saved them. It will connect to them automatically.
    07-16-09 06:21 PM
    much appreciated fellas
    07-17-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD