It's a good video, but bloody **** - seen too many videos and it's driving me crazy!!!
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    07-16-11 02:35 PM
    I agree crigga! Should be here before we know it though.

Highlights of this video to me
    • Fluidity in UI was consistent throughout the OS, even on native apps like Twitter.
    • Speed of loading apps and utilities was immediate.
    • Image gallery showed no signs of lag. Pinch to zoom and sliding through images was instantaneous and extremely responsive.
    • Camera app loaded instantly and picture was snapped without lag.
    • Web browser loaded full site quickly and performance/fluidity looked to rival the PlayBooks browser. (On WiFI)
    • No signs of lockups or loading clocks present.

I know the user wasn't putting it through any rugged use like many of us will but you can tell how it performs under even the same use compared with our current BlackBerrys.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-16-11 03:38 PM
    I agree crigga! Should be here before we know it though.

Highlights of this video to me
    • Fluidity in UI was consistent throughout the OS, even on native apps like Twitter.
    • Speed of loading apps and utilities was immediate.
    • Image gallery showed no signs of lag. Pinch to zoom and sliding through images was instantaneous and extremely responsive.
    • Camera app loaded instantly and picture was snapped without lag.
    • Web browser loaded full site quickly and performance/fluidity looked to rival the PlayBooks browser. (On WiFI)
    • No signs of lockups or loading clocks present.

I know the user wasn't putting it through any rugged use like many of us will but you can tell how it performs under even the same use compared with our current BlackBerrys.
    Thanks for the highlights of the video, I have no idea why but It wasn't loading up on my blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 04:22 PM
    Sorry I meant to just say this and not say the highlights all over lol
    "Thanks for the highlights of the video, I have no idea
    why but It wasn't loading up on my blackberry" I have no idea why it went all crazy on me on the last post

07-16-11 04:28 PM
    Ugh i love/hate these videos, i love seeing my future phone in action but the video is also sort of a spoiler. I would rather experience it myself as opposed to watching someone else show me what its capable of. I'm hoping 28th is the date because i cant wait to break it off with Andy Ruben. Is that his name? Lol
    purijagmohan and insman1 like this.
    07-16-11 05:12 PM
    Very nice. I am ready for the release. I have never waited in line for a new piece of technology. However, I will do so for this device. I jumped from my Bold 9700 to an Android powered device and I severely regret doing so. I can not get rid of my Atrix fast enough and get back to BB. I feel like an outsider!!!!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-16-11 09:30 PM
    I jumped from my Bold 9700 to an Android powered device and I severely regret doing so.
    I know how you feel. I had the Samsung Fascinate.....Biggest piece of trash in the smartphone world. I mean, "Super AMOLED Screen"? What is that? Latin for "let's over-saturate all the screen colors so it burns your retinas"?

Back on BB now and loving it.

I just watched the video again. The Bold looks pretty slick, the perfect balance of BB functionality, and touch screen convenience.

The new Bold is going to change things for RIM. I'm going to be the first in line!
    1425956 likes this.
    07-16-11 10:31 PM
    I dont know if I had seen the new subtle charging contacts before this video. To me it was worth watching the whole thing just for that.

07-17-11 12:30 AM
    Wow, that 1.2 GHz cpu makes a huge difference!

If this demo portends performance for Torch 2 and Monza, then all BB users upgrading can rejoice.

Do I read buyer's remorse from Android users?

Nice catch UrbanGlowCam!
    07-17-11 11:02 AM
    Exactly.

BlackBerry using underpowered processors (compared to those available at the time) is one of most puzzling decisions they've made over the years.

For a high end phone; 624MHz in the 9700 Bold is pretty sad.

Glad they've snapped out of it!!
    07-17-11 01:15 PM

If this demo portends performance for Torch 2 and Monza, then all BB users upgrading can rejoice.

Nice catch UrbanGlowCam!
    I think all of the bitter BlackBerry owners (many for good reasons) that were forced to jump on an Android will consider coming back.

The upgraded hardware is huge. The UI is the same, which is fine. The refreshed icons and graphics are a nice touch that gives it more polished look. The performance looks just phenomenal compared to what we're used to with BB and maybe even other platforms. We won't know for sure until we get our hands on them.
    07-17-11 01:24 PM
    This guy seriously sucks !!!!
    07-17-11 05:34 PM
    im coming back....my droid was fine, but BB is where its at for me...
    07-17-11 06:54 PM
    snip, snip

You most certainly do! However, I am not going to come on here and bash Android phones. They probably work great for some people, just not for me. I never could seem to get into the "perfect euphoria" with the phone like a was able to with certain solid themes on my 9700. Android OS, to me, seems scattered and unorganized. Hopefully I can find a sick deal on a 9700 or 9800 that will suffice until the 9900/9930 is released on AT&T.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    07-17-11 07:15 PM
    OK I am in, where to we sign up for one of these bad boys?
    07-17-11 08:57 PM
    This. Is. Getting. Sooooooooooo. DIFFICULT! (The waiting that is)
    07-17-11 09:06 PM
    nice clean battery cover. no bedazzling!
    07-18-11 07:52 AM
    I think all of the bitter BlackBerry owners (many for good reasons) that were forced to jump on an Android will consider coming back.

The upgraded hardware is huge. The UI is the same, which is fine. The refreshed icons and graphics are a nice touch that gives it more polished look. The performance looks just phenomenal compared to what we're used to with BB and maybe even other platforms. We won't know for sure until we get our hands on them.
    I'm one of those users who is coming back. The low power of the previous units kept me away.
    07-18-11 08:13 AM
    Just finished watching the vid.

Great fluidity. Browser looked great. WOOT NOW!
    07-18-11 09:28 AM
    That video really demonstrated impressive speed the Touch can produce - I think that was the best preview I've seen to date....
    ...Thanks for posting it!
    07-18-11 11:43 PM
    You most certainly do! However, I am not going to come on here and bash Android phones. They probably work great for some people, just not for me. I never could seem to get into the "perfect euphoria" with the phone like a was able to with certain solid themes on my 9700. Android OS, to me, seems scattered and unorganized. Hopefully I can find a sick deal on a 9700 or 9800 that will suffice until the 9900/9930 is released on AT&T.
    Exactly how i felt when i had my android handsets although to be fair i havent had one for about a yr now as they just do not interest me....even with their hardware specs it does sweet FA for me. In fact when i had one i thought it would really replace my BB but after a couple of weeks of tinkering round with it...i kept going back to my BB and in the end sold the Android i had and bought an iphone4 lol...so that says something that i much rather prefer the iphone4 over a 1.2ghz dual core Android handset.

Cannot wait for the 9900 to make its debut...im a tad bit off peeved that RIM are taking their time with this one...but wait i shall
    07-19-11 04:39 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD