Hey guys and gals...

New to the forum here and wanted to share my berry and had a question. I recently blacked out the bezel and trackball and got the colored number keypad. But after install, does it feel a little loose? or did i not install it correctly, mostly the bottom of the backpack.

Also, does anyone know where I can download the Marco2 theme for my berry?

**EDIT** sorry didnt know i had to have 10 posts to post a picture...its an attachment now
    07-23-09 08:24 PM
    Mine was loose too, to be honest all I did was take it back apart and put it back together again (really just take the back cover off, the battery out, then unscrew the midplate, and take it out, and put it back in...when you screw it in, I don't know about you but I didn't do it very tight the first time and mine came out very, VERY creaky and quite loose, and the battery door didn't fit right....so I screwed the midplate in tighter this time.)

be careful not to do the screws too tight, though, because you'll strip them. And screws don't like to be naked.
    07-23-09 08:30 PM
    sounds great, ill give it another try again after i get a new keyboard...for some reason my keyboard has 3 R key where there should be a 4 S ( i have 2 R keys )

Also, is there a software i can install that i can read japanese and korean characters? i read somewhere but i need to add it through the desktop manager but im using a Macbook Pro
    07-23-09 08:40 PM

Yeah, you can read Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, etc etc, even type in them as well, if you install an East Asian OS instead of an OS from somewhere like AT&T or Rogers or whatnot. You do have to use DM though, sorry...but, good news, I think very recently, a Mac version of DM was released!
    Last edited by Jonneh; 07-23-09 at 08:49 PM.
    07-23-09 08:47 PM
    Yeah, you can read Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, etc etc, even type in them as well, if you install an East Asian OS instead of an OS from somewhere like AT&T or Rogers or whatnot. You do have to use DM though, sorry...but, good news, I think very recently, a Mac version of DM was released!
    It has been announced that it will be released in September. for now you have to use a PC, Bootcamp, VMware Fusion, or Parallels Desktop and use windows
    07-23-09 08:50 PM
    thanks guys, looks like im gonna have to get VMware

also, any luck with the marco2 theme? onthearm.com site seems to be down. I know there are a few like it, but i like how its very original, just has the today for calendar and messages
    07-23-09 08:56 PM
    It has been announced that it will be released in September. for now you have to use a PC, Bootcamp, VMware Fusion, or Parallels Desktop and use windows
    Damn Sorry OP, I misread.
    Thanks nikolous.
    07-23-09 08:56 PM
    thanks guys, looks like im gonna have to get VMware

also, any luck with the marco2 theme? onthearm.com site seems to be down. I know there are a few like it, but i like how its very original, just has the today for calendar and messages
    Don't know if this is the one you are talking about. Download link is at the very bottom I believe.

Blackberry 9000 Bold Theme : Marco2 OS 4.6
    07-23-09 08:58 PM
    thanks jeff.brown, forgot to add i need it to be a OTA since i dont have the desktop manager at this time until it comes out for mac lol

but yes, that is the theme, any chance anyone knows where a OTA is for this theme
    07-23-09 09:40 PM
    That is the only one that I can find. Sorry.
    07-23-09 09:45 PM
    now your bold matches your ps3 controller :thumbsup:
    07-24-09 12:09 AM
    thanks guys for all your help, ill be looking forward to the mac software of the desktop manager
    07-24-09 02:28 PM
    ...be careful not to do the screws too tight, though, because you'll strip them. And screws don't like to be naked.
    Don't you have to be naked to ... oh wait ... nevermind. Wrong forum
    07-25-09 07:43 AM
    welcome to crackberry bro !

cool blacked out bold ... with a black ps3
    07-25-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD