Hello everyone. Long time reader of the forum, first time poster. Just picked up a new Bold. Great unit. I have one question, how do I backup my ringtones from my 8800 and get them on my Bold. Thanks in advance
    08-29-08 04:49 PM
    Anyone know how to do this?
    08-30-08 06:03 AM
    Like your custom ringtones? You aren't going to be able to take the preloaded ringtones and use those on a different model. If you have custom ringtones, you should be able to use Roxio Media Manager to navigate to the device memory's ringtone folder and copy them to your computer. Then you can copy them from your computer to your Bold.
    08-30-08 07:06 AM
    I plan to get the Bold as soon as ATT has them in stores. This is good advice, and perhaps this is my blond moment of the day ( I allow myself one per day).... The Desktop Manager that I have installed now is v 4.3.0.17 Is this the same version that I would use for the Bold? And could if you could please, describe the step by step process to do this?
    Manythanks

Like your custom ringtones? You aren't going to be able to take the preloaded ringtones and use those on a different model. If you have custom ringtones, you should be able to use Roxio Media Manager to navigate to the device memory's ringtone folder and copy them to your computer. Then you can copy them from your computer to your Bold.
    08-30-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD