hello. I just got a bold through a good seller (Schirripal), and it came with v4.6.0.266 software on it. he said it is a form of hybrid OS, or something. does anyone have any thoughts on .266 vs .282? and I have another problem. I usually have to do a battery pull every 2-4 days because of this, but I have some sort of memory leak. the last time I did a battery pull, I was at 10-11mb, and after a battery pull, I see 30-31mb. I know of some people getting 50+mb after a battery pull, and I'm wondering how to get to that. also, how do I do things like set the memory cleaner, move stuff to the internal 1GB storage and not in the device memory, and clear the log file?

also, is there a way to pull apps off my phone and store them on my comp if not using them? I think I can save some more memory this way, but I don't want to get rid of the apps completely.

which leads me to my next question: what are the "must have" apps for the bold? I'm relatively new to blackberries (first/previous one was an 8700c), and I'm definately new to the bold. so, if anyone can point me in some good directions, that'd be appreciated.

Joseph.
    07-07-09 01:06 AM
    Please refer to this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/jus...d-first-90965/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:38 AM
    get 282 rogers

its the best at the moment i reckon
    07-07-09 09:28 AM
    hello. I just got a bold through a good seller (Schirripal), and it came with v4.6.0.266 software on it. he said it is a form of hybrid OS, or something. does anyone have any thoughts on .266 vs .282? and I have another problem. I usually have to do a battery pull every 2-4 days because of this, but I have some sort of memory leak. the last time I did a battery pull, I was at 10-11mb, and after a battery pull, I see 30-31mb. I know of some people getting 50+mb after a battery pull, and I'm wondering how to get to that. also, how do I do things like set the memory cleaner, move stuff to the internal 1GB storage and not in the device memory, and clear the log file?

also, is there a way to pull apps off my phone and store them on my comp if not using them? I think I can save some more memory this way, but I don't want to get rid of the apps completely.

which leads me to my next question: what are the "must have" apps for the bold? I'm relatively new to blackberries (first/previous one was an 8700c), and I'm definately new to the bold. so, if anyone can point me in some good directions, that'd be appreciated.

Joseph.
    Quite a lot to digest. Firstly welcome to CB

- As mentioned, first thing you should do is to upgrade to .282

- You can clear event log by hold alt and pressing L G L G > clear log

- You're able to backup your 3rd party apps to your pc (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/)

- As for apps, it depends on your preferences. You can find an extensive list here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...a-apps-236714/. I personally use google maps, facebook, viigo, flycast, mobile data alerter, weather bug, poynt, quicklaunch & quickpull.
    07-07-09 09:55 AM
    Please refer to this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/jus...d-first-90965/

thanks, already read through it before I even posted a thread...

Joseph.
    07-07-09 10:00 AM
    Get rogers .282 i posted a dedicated thread to rogers .282 OS
    07-07-09 01:29 PM
    Get the Rogers .282..

07-07-09 02:19 PM
    what's so much better about the rogers .282 as opposed to the eastasia .282?

Joseph.
    07-07-09 02:21 PM
    I went to the rogers website but i didn't see any new updates. I also used my bold to check for new updates from the device and came nothing.
    07-07-09 05:02 PM
    This is all you need to know. This is what Branta posted in another thread
    regarding this issue.

You're not going to like my answer... whichever one works best for you, on your phone, at the locations you need it to work, with the applications you need to use.

I'm serious, the only way is to give each one an extended test for several days of typical use, and compare them yourself. There is so much bull talked here in forums about radio performance, memory data and usage, and speed of applications. The reports are so contradictory it is highly unlikely that all users are right. User assessment must be partly controlled by subtle points like different usage patterns - and probably a certain amount of subjective interpretation and preconception.

The differences between builds are tiny. I'll bet if we did a blind trial with hidden version numbers 95% would be unable to detect any difference between .247, ,.266, .282 and at least half would report the same version performed better or worse than the previous install on their own phone if they we lied and said a new build had been installed.
    07-07-09 05:07 PM
    what's so much better about the rogers .282 as opposed to the eastasia .282?

Joseph.
    The only difference is the vendor file. Which is no difference at all. Try either.
    07-07-09 05:11 PM
    I just installed .282. I can't really tell a difference between the two. only thing I really like about it is being able to switch to 2G and 3G to save battery. anyone have any idea on how to make a custom theme? I don't want anything too complicated. the original precision AT&T theme is neat, and I like the icons, but I don't like that huge gray bar taking up a third of the screen.

Joseph.
    07-07-09 11:36 PM
    I have another question. is there a way to make my the apps and GPS on my phone access the internet through wi-fi? or will they just work through AT&T?

Joseph.
    07-10-09 06:30 PM
    .282 is bad build I don't know why they declared it
    release build, its not ready. Sure is not release candidate quality

media and signal not good

pictures load very slow

I downgraded to .266 all is fixed
    07-10-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD