Can I just say that I've had this phone for a week and it is my first Blackberry.....and I love it!

Okay so I was fidgeting around in the profiles section and I didn't know what some of the options meant such as:

"Level 1"
    "Out/In Holster" (does it know when you have it in a holster or not?!)

Also, sometimes I hear a little crack or boom in my speaker while messing around with the phone. It rarely has happened but I have no idea what it could be.

Thanks for the help!
    08-02-09 07:52 AM
    The OEM holsters have a small magnet which is detected by the phone.
    08-02-09 07:59 AM
    Can I just say that I've had this phone for a week and it is my first Blackberry.....and I love it!

Okay so I was fidgeting around in the profiles section and I didn't know what some of the options meant such as:

"Level 1"

Also, sometimes I hear a little crack or boom in my speaker while messing around with the phone. It rarely has happened but I have no idea what it could be.

Thanks for the help!
    Welcome to the Bold. There is an automatic sensor in the phone that can tell when it is placed into a holster.

As for your speaker question...I have no idea. When you say you're "messing around w the phone", what exactly do you mean?..playing w sounds apps?
    08-02-09 07:59 AM
    Welcome to the Bold. There is an automatic sensor in the phone that can tell when it is placed into a holster.

As for your speaker question...I have no idea. When you say you're "messing around w the phone", what exactly do you mean?..playing w sounds apps?
    No, like I'll use iheartradio for a while and then turn the app off and do something else with the phone and its not long after I use that app that it does a little crack or boom sound
    08-02-09 08:18 AM
    My Bold used to do the popping/boom noise randomly as well. It was the OS I was running AFAIK. I'm currently on .247 and haven't had this issue since I upgraded my OS.
    08-02-09 08:39 AM

"Level 1"

Thanks for the help!
    Welcome to BB love

"Level 1" - By default these are usually PIN messages (I think it can be edited)
    "Out/In Holster" - The phone will respond to holsters that have tiny magnets in them

Don't know about the speaker issue , sorry.
    08-02-09 10:29 AM
    My Bold used to do the popping/boom noise randomly as well. It was the OS I was running AFAIK. I'm currently on .247 and haven't had this issue since I upgraded my OS.
    Great! I don't know how to upgrade the OS (or to see what version I am using for that matter). How would I do this?
    08-02-09 11:30 AM
    go to options -> about

OR

compose a new message, type "myver", press space
    08-02-09 01:20 PM
    Great! I don't know how to upgrade the OS (or to see what version I am using for that matter). How would I do this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...leased-251060/

Should have the information you're looking for there. I'm on the rogers .282 and find it to be extremely stable.
    08-02-09 01:28 PM
    Oh word? I was wondering how my bold could tell if it was holstered or not haha
    08-02-09 02:04 PM
    That comes in handy for Email Bulletin Board notifications.
    When Crackberry, or Glocktalk auto mails me about a thread and I am trying to sleep, with the phone in the wallet I just have it vibrate not Ping.
    When a Bulletin Board gets rocking it is an E-Mail producing machine.
    I bet I have had 120 mails just today.
    08-02-09 03:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...leased-251060/

Should have the information you're looking for there. I'm on the rogers .282 and find it to be extremely stable.
    Thanks so much! How would I go about installing the upgrade....and is this even safe to upgrade the OS? I bought this phone off ebay and I don't want at&t thinking that I completely trashed my phone and then they tell me they cant do anything about it.

That comes in handy for Email Bulletin Board notifications.
    When Crackberry, or Glocktalk auto mails me about a thread and I am trying to sleep, with the phone in the wallet I just have it vibrate not Ping.
    When a Bulletin Board gets rocking it is an E-Mail producing machine.
    I bet I have had 120 mails just today.
    What is Ping anyway?

ONE MORE QUESTION! LOL I am looking into purchasing a silicone case but I don't know what color to get! I like these....can I get people's honest opinions?

Silicone Skin Case ORANGE for BLACKBERRY 9000 BOLD - eBay (item 310138698841 end time Aug-25-09 15:02:51 PDT)

Silicone Skin Case RED Cover for BLACKBERRY 9000 BOLD - eBay (item 250414867689 end time Aug-25-09 15:10:31 PDT)

Silicone Skin Case DARK BLUE for BLACKBERRY 9000 BOLD - eBay (item 310148414169 end time Aug-11-09 14:35:46 PDT)

NEW Silicone Skin Case CLEAR for BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000 - eBay (item 250367427172 end time Aug-31-09 16:53:18 PDT)

THANKS!
    08-02-09 03:50 PM
    It's perfectly safe to upgrade your OS.
    For instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    It's almost impossible to brick your phone and in some odd case where you do, there's usually a way to fix it.
    If you're phone has problems and you need a warranty replacement from AT&T you can always downgrade back to their official OS without them even being able to tell you've done anything to the phone.

I personally like the red and blue cases more than the others.
    08-02-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD