Been reading these forums for a while. Just got a Bold today after months of waiting and researching blackberry vs iphone. Finally, my piece of crap 8125 windows mobile phone stopped working. So, now couple of hours into using the bold, i can say it's the best damn phone i've ever used. It just feels like quality.
    Why I decided to go with the berry? Because, I'm tired of the touch screen, working with the 8125 became complete nightmare. And, I'm don't want to pay for the media service Apple makes you purchase with the phone, what a bunch of BS. I think it's going to take some time to get used to the keyboard but I have no complaints. So, anyway, thanks for all the info on here
    07-28-09 11:12 AM
    The Bold IS the best. Congrats!
    07-28-09 11:17 AM
    The Bold is my first BB too. Used to own an iPhone, and i would have liked to upgrade to the next (now current) generation (I'm kind of an Apple addict). But when Steve announced the 3G S, My first thoughts were: WTF, why are they trying to sell me the same crap I've had for two years?
    So basically I was fed up with Apple's "innovations" and in need of a new phone. So switched to the Bold! I've been liking this handset for some time anyways.
    Steep learning curve, I have to say. But It's all worth it. I love my Bold more than I've ever loved my iPhone (well, don't know about that, actually...). The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is how to sync and view IMAP folders. Any help? And, yeah the lack of eye-candy
    Last edited by Shoogster; 07-28-09 at 08:14 PM.
    07-28-09 11:24 AM
    I had a blackberry few years ago. It was my first and it was with t mobile. The problem was t mobile, terrible coverage both in CA and NY. But the phone was great, I don't remember the model. So, I had to switch and att was it with the 8125. at the time 8125 was a great phone, the new thing on the block. But by today's standards, it is not even close. Truthfully, the phone was a pain to use, because it constantly needed recalibration of the screen making the touch interface a joke.

It is so simple now to make calls and send texts with the bold. I just love it. I know i said it before but it truly is the best phone I have ever had. I just don't see why anyone would want to trade it for the iphone. I have tried several iphones of my colleagues but I just dont think it is anything especial over the bold.
    07-28-09 07:26 PM
    Well, I think I can say that the Bold is the best phone I've ever used. And it being the first BB I've ever had, I can say I've had my share of startup problems / headaches. But the CrackBerry forums are incredibly helpful!
    Overall, I have to say that the UI is a little less intuitive than iPhones'. But it'll just take time to get used to and learn the shortcuts (which are unbeleivably useful, as I just discovered).
    It's funny, T-Mobile Netherlands is quite dreadful too... Makes me wonder if their service in Germany is any good. Well, at least they're consistent...
    Last edited by Shoogster; 07-28-09 at 08:16 PM.
    07-28-09 08:10 PM
    Welcome to CB and I hope that you have great luck with your new Bold. I've had mine for quite a while and love it!
    07-28-09 10:42 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! Congrats on the BOLD...
    07-28-09 10:43 PM
    Welcome! You're going to be a true addict in no time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:47 PM
    Thank you.

Interesting also is that I've been reading some of the comments from people here who think that the blackberry os needs upgrade and its bland. Well, I just don't see that. Perhaps this is the case for people who have been using berries for years now and want a fresh look. But, I like it. Of course if they made it prettier and easier to work with in the future, sure that's nice. But, for now, I'm more than happy. I guess i'm becoming a sort of a spokesperson for the bold now.
    07-28-09 10:49 PM
    Welcome, and enjoy your Bold! You're on the way to becoming hopelessly addicted!
    07-28-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD