I recently bought a Bold 9700 (AT&T is my carrier) and it was having problems that the store couldn't fix (an error message that they couldn't repair and a problem with BBM) so, last night, they swapped it out for me. They transferred all my information and I headed home...only to realize I wasn't getting all of my emails.

Only 1 of my 4 email accounts was receiving messages. So, I went to "personal email setup" (I'm a novice and that's all I could think to do) and it listed all four accounts but said one of them needed to be validated (if I'm remembering that correctly). I followed the prompts to do that and then started receiving email on that account. But, there are still two other email accounts that are not receiving email. However, as a test, I could send email from those accounts - it's just not showing new messages. When I go back to email setup though, it shows all accounts as normal and only asks if I want to add an account...which I do not. So, how do I get the other two accounts to start working again?

Also, I had to redownload Facebook after the swap but am still not receiving those notifications either. Is that because the email connected to my facebook is one of the email accounts that's currently not working? Otherwise, I don't know how to get Facebook to work either.

So frustrated! I've had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone!

Any help is appreciated.
    07-29-10 10:12 AM
    Happened to me always after an upgrade. I wouldn't receive any emails...

solution is simple...just delete the 2 emails accounts which are affected or preferably all of them then re add them again

tada
    07-29-10 10:33 AM
    From the e-mail setup screen press the menu key and select the option "service books" and then "send service books". You don�t need to delete and reconfigure your accounts but you do need to have your service books resent.
    Good luck!
    07-29-10 10:37 AM
    Ok. I did the service book thing and it automatically sent an email from the "activation server" to all 4 accounts. But....that's the only message I've received. The same two email accounts are still not receiving new emails.
    07-29-10 10:56 AM
    Alright. Things are working now. But messages are coming in on those 2 accounts on a big delay. Is that normal? Or is it a server thing or some other issue beyond my control?
    07-29-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD