Hey guys

Do you still need to charge a new battery for like 10-13 hrs on the first charge?
    04-27-09 06:01 PM
    I dont think it actually matters on the BB, since the battery has no memory. I have always charged mine fully, then used it til it was nearly dead then fully recharge for about the first week usually, and i never have any problems with my batteries.
    04-27-09 06:12 PM
    For the first charge, I just kept it on charging until the BB registered the battery being at capacity.
    04-27-09 06:13 PM
    I'd do the same. Charge it up to the rim. Fill it to the rim, with Brim. : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 09:13 PM
    It doesn't matter...... Never has and never will with a Lithium Ion battery. The only reason why there are "memory effects" on lithium ion batteries is due to the battery meter in the phone. Over time the phone doesn't remember the capacity of the battery if you don't run It down all the way for a period of time. Its also the reason a lot of people notice a battery life increase in their phones when they do a new OS upgrade. The phone resets the battery meter indicator inside itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 11:59 PM
    I was at work when my BB came in the mail, and my bf plunged it in before I got home so it got about 3 hours in before I took it off the charger and took it with me to work. Was so excited to get it. And when I got home from work that night I charged it all night. And have not had any problems with it. I am a heavy users on my bold. And it will last me almost 2day straight without charging.
    04-28-09 12:35 AM
    Never Li-Ion batteries don't need the break-in procedure anymore. Just charge t normaly, it'll run up faster. It takes 10 regular charges for the battery to be brought to 100% capacity.
    04-28-09 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD