Hello all, I have searched for this subject, but have not found a recent one or one to do with my specific phone.

I just got a new Blackberry Bold 9930, and the volume controls on the side to include mute do nothing at all. I can switch the sound profile to change to all vibrate, or sound for only phone calls etc, but I can't increase or decrease the volume of the ringer.

I have tried a battery pull. I am brand new to blackberry, and since it took me a month to get this phone to begin with (work phone) I wanted to see if there were any solutions available before I gave it back to my IT department. Who knows when I would get it back then.

Thanks.
    08-19-13 11:49 AM
    Hello all, I have searched for this subject, but have not found a recent one or one to do with my specific phone.

I just got a new Blackberry Bold 9930, and the volume controls on the side to include mute do nothing at all. I can switch the sound profile to change to all vibrate, or sound for only phone calls etc, but I can't increase or decrease the volume of the ringer.

I have tried a battery pull. I am brand new to blackberry, and since it took me a month to get this phone to begin with (work phone) I wanted to see if there were any solutions available before I gave it back to my IT department. Who knows when I would get it back then.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum!!!

How long ago did you get your phone? Sometimes a OS upgrade works if it's a software bug. Otherwise, I suggest taking it back if it's only been a short time. I've never got a phone if it had a physical defect that affected usability.
    08-19-13 11:51 AM
    I got it about 4 days ago. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't just dumb, and there was some sort of function that could turn the side buttons on or off. etc.
    08-19-13 12:37 PM
    I got it about 4 days ago. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't just dumb, and there was some sort of function that could turn the side buttons on or off. etc.
    Of course you're not dumb!!!! All new devices have a learning curve.

First troubleshoot by going through all your settings. Four days isn't a lot of time.

Is this your first BlackBerry?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-19-13 12:48 PM
    Yeah I have tried going through the settings, and even (gasp!) resorted to the user manual. but I can not find anything that comments on this. It is my first Blackberry, yes.
    08-19-13 01:38 PM
    Yeah I have tried going through the settings, and even (gasp!) resorted to the user manual. but I can not find anything that comments on this. It is my first Blackberry, yes.
    Ok there are times when a simple reboot will fix things, do you could see if a battery pull will wwork.
    If not, and depending on your level of comfort, you could try a new OS. You can find them in the 9900 leaked OS forums.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os#related-articles
    Lastly, you could take it in for a *new* device. I'm not keen on refurbs.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-19-13 02:38 PM