10-26-13 04:47 AM
63 123
tools
    I think that the 9900 were manufactured first then came the 9930 with the radio change. Nothing different but the radio but had to be manufactured more quickly causing a slew of below quality built devices and few good ones. Nothing against rim but I do know carriers have the nerve to resend bad phones back out if they are in working condition. Example: you sent you 1st bad one back, just had physical issues. The phone demand is kinda high so they clean, re-package and ship it to me as new. Sucks but that's business.
    Actually that's passing off a second hand product as new, aka "fraud."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 01:46 PM
    You put wayyy to much faith in RIM these days folks.
    yep, true that.^
    08-26-11 01:51 PM
    RIM is no different than any other company that releases MILLIONS of products, they have a percentage of defective products that make it to market. My guess is that they shoot for around 1-2%. (That's what we do at the company I work for). Unfortunately for RIM and all other manufacturers the 1-2% of people that get these products who also come to crackberry.com (prolly about .01% of the overall consumers that buy the product) are very vocal about their bad experience. And then of course you have the A-holes who ***** about everything regardless of the product.

You aren't guaranteed a new phone as a replacement ever anyways. You are guaranteed a refurbished.
    08-26-11 01:56 PM
    Finally getting familiar with the 9930 (Sprint). The email setup is not working nor can I connect to My World in App World but otherwise all is fine. Much better phone. I am told my issues are not uncommon and the next OS fix should resolve them. here's hoping!
    mike448 likes this.
    08-26-11 02:13 PM
    I haven't had any issues with mine. In fact, I have had less issues than I was accustomed to on my HTC Incredible. No Contacts/Text/Browser crashes to speak of. I ordered mine the day they were available. No complaints here. Sounds like you had a good run of bad luck. I think we all have those from time to time. Be thankful it's just your phone and not your health.
    08-26-11 03:36 PM
    it seems almost all problems in this forum are with the 9930 , maybe you should try the 9900 ones. i bought the 9900 unbranded and unlocked UK vers. it works amazing.
    08-26-11 03:46 PM
    We are hearing a LOT of complaints about the Verizon 9900 units.

Strange in deed as my unbranded 9900 is about the best BB I have owned as far as build quality, not to mention it has worked without flaw on the original OS.261
    Same. My unbranded and sim free 9900 is about the best quality BB I've ever seen.
    08-26-11 04:16 PM
    I gave up after my first duff unit. RIM have screwed this one up. Poor design I think - to a price. And not a high one either. The Bold 9790 might save them if they don't cut corners again. If it wasn't for the physical keyboard I'd be off to Android. And HTC have nearly done it with the ghastly named ChaCha. It's missing a track pad and the software is not really designed for that size of screen. But it will come. And if RIM are still in the Christmas Cracker quality zone, it's all over I'm afraid.
    08-26-11 04:29 PM
    Same here. Nice build quality and solid feeling. When I compare it to my daughter's iPhone 4, all i can say is RIM got this one right!

Sucks to be you! Sounds like there's a bad batch of devices out there! Fortunately for me I have NONE of those issues. This thing is rock solid, beautiful and running great on Leaked .353.
    08-26-11 09:03 PM
    It's disheartening to say the least that that happened to you. I would just keep trying till you got one you were satisfied with.
    08-26-11 09:10 PM
    The 9930 is top notch hardware!
    08-26-11 09:23 PM
    I don't care what device you get today there will always be defective devices out there no matter what. It a chance we take every day when we purchase something.

08-26-11 09:29 PM
    If it were me I would take it back, cancel the contract, live with your old phone for awhile, and get a 9900 from at&t. Verizon has always had $hit handsets compared to at&t. At&t will be easier to deal with too, Verizon does nothing but screw people when the cancellation period is up. Customer service at at&t is straight forward and they are easy to deal with.

08-26-11 09:44 PM
    Stop hating on RIM. It's Verizon that is building these faulty devices.
    That must be why AT&T is waiting so long to release the 9900--to fix all of these hardware/software bugs.
    That's what you get for having Verizon lol

08-26-11 10:08 PM
    At&t gave us the 9000, 9700, 9800, what did Verizon provide? The 9780?

08-26-11 10:12 PM
    Same here. Nice build quality and solid feeling. When I compare it to my daughter's iPhone 4, all i can say is RIM got this one right!
    i love my 9930 as well.i was one of the first orders on the 17th when it released.

i was running my white iphone 4 VZW next to the 9930 for a week to decide and i kept the 9930. Flawless build quality!
    08-26-11 10:17 PM
    Do you guys know if there is a widespread problem with the conveince key taking multiple presses to get it to work. is it hardware or software and sould I go to my carrier to get it fixed>
    08-26-11 10:22 PM
    Do you guys know if there is a widespread problem with the conveince key taking multiple presses to get it to work. is it hardware or software and sould I go to my carrier to get it fixed>
    I don't know if it's hardware, but I have that problem on my 9780 too, except that it's with the volume rocker and on a couple of OS releases (even on the one I'm using now). Sometimes trying to adjust the volume while listening to a podcast does nothing at all and even forced my phone to reboot. Usually when it happens I've to do a battery pull and it'll be fine again.
    08-26-11 10:38 PM
    If it were me I would take it back, cancel the contract, live with your old phone for awhile, and get a 9900 from at&t. Verizon has always had $hit handsets compared to at&t. At&t will be easier to deal with too, Verizon does nothing but screw people when the cancellation period is up. Customer service at at&t is straight forward and they are easy to deal with.

Not a bad idea....unless someone actually wants to use their phone as a, you know, phone.
    08-26-11 10:41 PM
    Not a bad idea....unless someone actually wants to use their phone as a, you know, phone.
    Usually citIes have a greater number of people than cow pastures. Besides, I think the OP came from att.

08-26-11 10:44 PM
    I don't know if it's hardware, but I have that problem on my 9780 too, except that it's with the volume rocker and on a couple of OS releases (even on the one I'm using now). Sometimes trying to adjust the volume while listening to a podcast does nothing at all and even forced my phone to reboot. Usually when it happens I've to do a battery pull and it'll be fine again.
    Doing a battery pull does nothing but when I hit the space bar it usually fixes it although this could be a coincidence. So I should bring it back to the carrier then. It makes me nervous because I here all of these stories and I think that's the only thing wrong, and if I bring it back there could be more problems.
    08-26-11 11:16 PM
    Ok just to set the record straight and be clear! For all those blaming VZW, hello...Its RIM that builds these devices, case closed! Hardware has zero to do with the carrier for the most part. Yes some Big carriers may have a say in how the device gets built! However, the 9900/9930 series is mostly the same phone for just about all the carriers..t. All in all its a killer deivice, and hopefully I get a very sold built one on Monday.

08-26-11 11:39 PM
    Device is amazing – what an improvement over the prior 9650. However, bad luck with the build quality. My first one had a vibration in the earpiece during calls, the second had a starburst on the bottom right side of the touch screen, and my third has another vibrating earpiece. Minor annoyances but this is ridiculous. Verizon has been quick to replace them. All were Mexico 5. Will be going on 4 next week if I feel up for another device swap.
    08-27-11 05:06 PM
    I am not on Verizon and I am sorry you guys have had those problems. I am on Sprint and so far so good I haven't had any of those problems. I went to the store and purchased my phone on day 1 as well. However, I do know that when you are the first one to purchase new products you sometimes tend to get some that are not up to par. I was prepared to deal with that when I purchased. It maybe 3 months from now before I experience my first problem or it maybe 3 days, but I will deal with it accordingly. This is by far one of the better products that RIM has come out with to date.
    Then what was Rim's excuse for being so late to release another touchscreen phone? Wasn't it being tested?

That's bull**** that you price a phone that high new and it still has subpar parts and build quality.

The first to purchase a new product doesn't stand if you are going to price it above far more worthy competitors models.

RIM is still producing junk and relying on the faithful BB owners not to jump ship or speak up.
    08-27-11 06:08 PM
    Sucks to be you! Sounds like there's a bad batch of devices out there! Fortunately for me I have NONE of those issues. This thing is rock solid, beautiful and running great on Leaked .353.
    I am with you, other than the dumb verizon rep I talked to that gave me second day delivery which made me wait the weekend to get it, had it been overnighted it would of been to me on friday like it was suppose to be. sorry ranting now. but I got mine looked it over looked beautiful felt great in the hand, then I turned it on and fell in love. havent had any problems with it, still looking great and running perfect. I am glad I got a good one, feel sorry for anyone who didn't, cause this is such a great phone. and battery life on mine has been awesome, battery will last 15 hours longer than my old motorola droid I switched from so I was estatic. I love RIM and my blackberry 9930.
    08-27-11 06:28 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD