I have two phones from Sprint and both seem great so far. Only about a week into it so time will tell. I threw mine in an otter box from day one. My wife threw her's in her purse. (It should have a titanium box to make it thru that ****!) So we'll see. This is another reason that the $8 per month for insurance isnt bad. With three pre-schoolers in the house the phones are doomed once the activation finishes.
    08-28-11 01:38 AM
    I have two phones from Sprint and both seem great so far. Only about a week into it so time will tell. I threw mine in an otter box from day one. My wife threw her's in her purse. (It should have a titanium box to make it thru that ****!) So we'll see. This is another reason that the $8 per month for insurance isnt bad. With three pre-schoolers in the house the phones are doomed once the activation finishes.
    crackberry just bleeped h*e*l*l. OMG!
    08-28-11 01:39 AM
    To read this is bad. had mine a week with no flaws, no issues, and no battery pulls!! I am in love/lust with this baby!!
    08-28-11 07:15 AM
    Wow........as another post said "sucks to be you"......i have used Blackberry for over 5 years now and i don't recall issues as numerous as you describe. i ordered mine on Monday the 18th and received it early the next day......this phone rocks, screen is great, the noise in the trackpad is from the audible roll being enabled in the options menu. it is clearly the best BB made to date. The camera is fine, it is much quicker than my 9650 which took forever to take a picture so the always infocus camera to me is just fine.
    i hope that people take a chance on the phone......there are so many more phones that work fine out of the box than what you will hear about here.
    Some people.......imo......just like to blog about problems, because they get more bang for their buck with responses.......just sayin
    Love my 9930.....and intend to use it for the next 2 years........nuff said!
    08-28-11 07:48 AM
    i had my phone since launch and have had no issues what so ever
    08-28-11 12:41 PM
    Every phone will have a bad batch, as others have stated. All it takes is one factory to be sleeping on the job at QC and you get a bad run.
    08-29-11 06:27 PM
    Every phone will have a bad batch, as others have stated. All it takes is one factory to be sleeping on the job at QC and you get a bad run.
    True, but it certainly seems there are more than one or two issues. I'd be most concerned about the os that seems to have alot of instability issues. I know folks on CB can reload or use the leak, but think of the average Joe who just wants his phone to work out of the box. These are the guys who have to go back to the store or call 611 and it can get quite annoying for them. The next time they need a phone they don't think BB first. First impressions are very important and RIM fails at this way to much.
    08-29-11 06:45 PM
    Yeah. At first mine was just awesome.. until it became really super awesome. Lol.

Seriously. RIM released the best BlackBerry, ever. No complaints here. I mean if I reboot my device it always goes into vibrate only mode for some reason. If that is all I have to put up with to have the new fast/thin/beautiful device that is ok by me.
    08-29-11 06:49 PM
    Yeah. At first mine was just awesome.. until it became really super awesome. Lol.

Seriously. RIM released the best BlackBerry, ever. No complaints here. I mean if I reboot my device it always goes into vibrate only mode for some reason. If that is all I have to put up with to have the new fast/thin/beautiful device that is ok by me.
    Glad to hear yours is a winner. Some of the complaints are clearly nit picky, but others are legit. The three I tried all had problems and I was pretty turned off by that.
    08-29-11 06:55 PM
    Sucks to be you! Sounds like there's a bad batch of devices out there! Fortunately for me I have NONE of those issues. This thing is rock solid, beautiful and running great on Leaked .353.
    Hey just wanted to say that I have the 9930 on sprint and besides a squeaky trackpad button I agree this phone is solid. I also have the leak .353. installed and runs nice and fixed the low audio volume when listening to music through the phones speakerphone.. \

Question How do I install the official release of .353 if I wanted to do so? anyone know?
    09-01-11 03:14 PM
    Stop hating on RIM. It's Verizon that is building these faulty devices.
    That must be why AT&T is waiting so long to release the 9900--to fix all of these hardware/software bugs.
    That's what you get for having Verizon lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

WOW! REALLY? I learn something new everyday. And all these years I thought it was RIM, you know.. the company that owns the name Blackberry, that is building these phones. I never would have thought for a second that VZW, a cellular provider was manufacturing them.

Shows how much I know. Was I mistaken? lol
    09-01-11 03:48 PM
    Haaaaaaaaahhaaah 50/50 shot , TRU!
    I'm going to make one last try today and see what I get! Honestly, this is a serious problem of RIMS, customers shouldn't feel like its a 50\50 shot to get a good quality built device when they choose a Blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-13 04:54 PM
    Might be a carrier selling returned units as new. You can even buy the packing stickers separately at etradesupply.
    10-26-13 04:47 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD