I've had many 3g devices, and I've loved them. This one will be different because, well, it's a Bold Battery life and stability are my only curiosities.
    Those can be OS issues, so don't judge too quickly until you've done at least one OS upgrade (if battery life and stability become concerns for you).
    05-25-09 10:55 AM
    Those can be OS issues, so don't judge too quickly until you've done at least one OS upgrade (if battery life and stability become concerns for you).
    Okay thanks. I've been going over the leaked OS's, and I'm at a loss. I really don't know which one I'm going with.
    05-25-09 11:04 AM
    Okay thanks. I've been going over the leaked OS's, and I'm at a loss. I really don't know which one I'm going with.
    Your phone will tell you when it's time to upgrade the OS. Don't feel like you have to. If your phone starts to act up, then you may want to consider an upgrade, if that will solve the issue(s). Yes...it can be confusing because one person's rave over an OS is another person's rant.
    05-25-09 11:09 AM
    Congrats on the Bold.

As per a previous poster, you will not be able to switch off 3G from the main Managing Connections screen. However, this is not the Bold's fault. Rogers Bolds come factory with the ability to toggle between 2G, 3G, and 2G & 3G. This is entirely AT&T's fault. There are ways around this though.

Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/

As far as OS's go, I suggest .237 or .266-East Asia version for the best battery and memory management.
    05-25-09 11:31 AM
    Congrats on the Bold.

As per a previous poster, you will not be able to switch off 3G from the main Managing Connections screen. However, this is not the Bold's fault. Rogers Bolds come factory with the ability to toggle between 2G, 3G, and 2G & 3G. This is entirely AT&T's fault. There are ways around this though.

Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/

As far as OS's go, I suggest .237 or .266-East Asia version for the best battery and memory management.
    Haha, you are making it seem like the Bold's battery is terrible! It can't be that bad...
    05-25-09 11:57 AM
    Haha, you are making it seem like the Bold's battery is terrible! It can't be that bad...
    What? No it's not bad at all. Reread what I wrote. For the BEST battery and memory management. I'll give you an idea what I'm talking about. Same usage and 16 apps for all:

.162 - 3G all day, 100% screen, 30s dim, 6am-8pm down to about 35% battery and 22MB memory.
    .237 - 3G all day, 100% screen, 30s dim, 6am-8pm down to about 80% battery and 28MB memory.
    .247 - 3G all day, 100% screen, 30s dim, 6am-8pm down to about 20% battery and 30MB memory.
    .266 - 3G all day, 100% screen, 20s dim, 6am-8pm down to about 85% battery and 32.5 MB memory.

.266 is staying on my device until a more stable 5.0 OS is released.

05-25-09 12:13 PM
    Woah! I wish my 8900 had the same great battery life as .266 on the Bold! That's some pretty awesome battery life! Only going down 15% for a full days usage is very impressive! Especially with 3G!
    05-25-09 12:48 PM
    Woah! I wish my 8900 had the same great battery life as .266 on the Bold! That's some pretty awesome battery life! Only going down 15% for a full days usage is very impressive! Especially with 3G!
    Keep in mind that those stats are approximate as they are averaged out. They are relative to the OS and settings only. The most important thing to remember is that my usage is different from your usage.

I hope that helps in deciding an OS.

05-25-09 12:51 PM
    Keep in mind that those stats are approximate as they are averaged out. They are relative to the OS and settings only. The most important thing to remember is that my usage is different from your usage.

I hope that helps in deciding an OS.

Yeah, I'm going with .266 haha. Already started the download.
    05-25-09 01:54 PM
    I went from a Curve to a Bold. LOVE IT!

You won't be sorry.
    05-25-09 03:05 PM
    I really am nervous. I don't know why. The shipping suspense is killing me D:
    05-25-09 03:20 PM
    Congrats on the Bold. I agree with other posters who've written that the Bold is the best BlackBerry created to date. Enjoy your new addiction!
    05-25-09 03:32 PM
    Oh I will. I need to get a bigger memory card, and a silicone case for it ASAP.

I wanna put my black trackball from my 8310. I'm getting a black bezel for it too, I'll be sure to post pics
    05-25-09 07:11 PM
    I really am nervous. I don't know why. The shipping suspense is killing me D:
    Yes...how many times have you tracked the package?
    05-25-09 07:55 PM

I wanna put my black trackball from my 8310. I'm getting a black bezel for it too, I'll be sure to post pics
    Woah there.. Those are some big plans already! I've had my Bold since release and I don't even want to think about modding it and you haven't even gotten it and you already have plans for it! ...although, lately, I have been wanting to.
    05-25-09 08:07 PM

I dont think the trackballs are interchangeable. I went from the 8310 to the Bold...no regrets
    05-25-09 08:08 PM
    I dont think the trackballs are interchangeable. I went from the 8310 to the Bold...no regrets
    They are, just check other people's mod threads.
    05-25-09 08:21 PM
    Yes...how many times have you tracked the package?
    Woah there.. Those are some big plans already! I've had my Bold since release and I don't even want to think about modding it and you haven't even gotten it and you already have plans for it! ...although, lately, I have been wanting to.
    I've checked FedEx at least 7 times today, and because it's a holiday, it hasn't left yet. D:

And I know. I will most likely keep it stock for a while, but I know I'm going to be changing it out pretty quickly.
    05-25-09 08:23 PM
    its not ...people love going to the extreme
    you should get a full days usage from your Bold with moderate to heavy usage
    thats all you need ..charge at night and on to the next day
    05-25-09 08:39 PM
    I've checked FedEx at least 7 times today, and because it's a holiday, it hasn't left yet. D:

And I know. I will most likely keep it stock for a while, but I know I'm going to be changing it out pretty quickly.
    I would be tracking it constantly if I was without a BB!
    05-25-09 09:36 PM
    The battery really isn't that bad, but it can be improved greatly for some by using one of the leaked OS'. Same goes for app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 09:39 PM
    The battery really isn't that bad, but it can be improved greatly for some by using one of the leaked OS'. Same goes for app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hope so because when it gets here tomorrow, I'm going to wear it out!
    05-27-09 06:53 AM
    Just properly close your apps and you'll be fine.
    05-27-09 06:58 AM
    Do as bt224 suggested and make sure you dont leave any apps running in the background ....
    05-27-09 07:05 AM
    Do as bt224 suggested and make sure you dont leave any apps running in the background ....
    Well, I always closed my apps on my Curve. I just back all the way out. Is that the right way? (using the <- back key)
    05-27-09 02:00 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD