So, today has been a long day. Many of you know that I've been a Curve 8310 user for a while now. I've had a couple replacements devices in the past couple of months, and I was fed up. I gave at&t a call today after my Curve broke earlier today. I was on the phone with them for about an hour, and then finally a ray of hope: Upgrade.

I originally wanted the at&t 8900. They didn't have it in stock, so now, after all the frustration, I will be the new owner of an at&t BOLD.

I never had a true desire for a Bold, but now I will have to live with it. By all means that's fine with me

(It will be like I'm a Newbie again, because I don't know SQUAT about the Bold )
    05-24-09 07:21 PM
    Congratulations. It was good they didn't have the 8900 in stock, you now have the best BB ever made to date! Enjoy it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:03 PM
    I'm nervous, because it's pretty much a different device all together.
    05-24-09 08:04 PM
    Congrats on the Bold! We're always here if you need help with your Bold, noob.

05-24-09 08:05 PM
    God has shined down on you, my friend! You have the best of the BBs! No, it's not a Curve, but...oh it is so very BOLD!!! Don't be nervous...it's a great phone!
    05-24-09 08:08 PM
    Haha, thanks all. Anyone else switch from a Curve to a Bold? What was hardest to get over?
    05-24-09 08:09 PM
    Lol. I haver the bold; I would have rather had an 8900. The inability to turn off 3G is frustrating. I should not have to hack or modify a device that should have come with that option originally. I don't live in a 3G area, however, being in Hawaii this few days has showed me how battery draining 3G is.

I have .266 and no open apllications and I still feel like I'm lucky to make it through the day. I feel like I have to keep looing at the battery meter and adjust my usage as needed, to ensure that I will be able to finish out my day with no issues. Congratulations on your killer upgrade. The bold is a nice blackberry. I had the 8300, 8310 and just bought another one from these very forums. You will enjoy this phone. The inability to turn off 3G is frustrating.

05-24-09 08:15 PM
    05-24-09 08:45 PM
    That's not bad at all for the price, and cnn.cn's stuff is usually good quality, so yes, seems pretty good.
    05-24-09 08:50 PM
    You going to love it coming from 8310!

05-24-09 09:39 PM
    Congrats on the new Bold...
    05-24-09 09:41 PM
    Thanks! I'm just upset that I won't have a phone until it gets here. Since tomorrow is a holiday, when do you think I should get it? I have the FedEx option if that matters.
    05-24-09 09:45 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't risk messing it up.
    05-24-09 10:53 PM
    I had doubts about getting it bt I absolutely love it. Amazing screen, everything is so great. Have fun and good luck

05-24-09 11:04 PM
    Enjoy the new toy Also don't forget to check your OS version and update if necessary to 226
    05-24-09 11:06 PM
    Thanks! I'm just upset that I won't have a phone until it gets here. Since tomorrow is a holiday, when do you think I should get it? I have the FedEx option if that matters.
    Wednesday or Thursday at the latest would be my bet assuming it's the 2 day shipping. Which shipping option did you choose or which one was given?
    05-24-09 11:07 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't risk messing it up.
    Ahh, I did it pretty well on my Curve 8310 without fail, So I might try it, but not until I get used to the device.
    05-24-09 11:29 PM
    Wednesday or Thursday at the latest would be my bet assuming it's the 2 day shipping. Which shipping option did you choose or which one was given?
    I wasn't given one. The lady told me that it would take up to a week to arrive. Last time I was told that from at&t, I got a phone within 6 hours.
    05-24-09 11:30 PM
    I wasn't given one. The lady told me that it would take up to a week to arrive. Last time I was told that from at&t, I got a phone within 6 hours.
    Lol, well since you ordered a new phone, they probably gave you at least 2-day shipping. So I'm sticking with my previous guess.
    05-24-09 11:33 PM
    Good, I'm going through withdrawal already.

haha
    05-24-09 11:34 PM
    hey guys,
    i just got my bold a few days ago and before that i was using the nokia E71. i jusy have one problem with my new BB which i'm not sure how i can sync all my contacts from the E71 ro Bold
    05-25-09 12:08 AM
    try using Outlook express.
    05-25-09 12:14 AM
    I live in a big city and have constant 3G. I am always on the internet, pushing e-mails, texting, youtube, you name it. I have NEVER even come close to a dead battery during a 12 hour day away from a charger.

That being said, I think you will be very happy. Bold is a very smooth running device and IMO one of the nicest looking Blackberries.
    05-25-09 01:53 AM
    I live in a big city and have constant 3G. I am always on the internet, pushing e-mails, texting, youtube, you name it. I have NEVER even come close to a dead battery during a 12 hour day away from a charger.

That being said, I think you will be very happy. Bold is a very smooth running device and IMO one of the nicest looking Blackberries.
    I've had many 3g devices, and I've loved them. This one will be different because, well, it's a Bold Battery life and stability are my only curiosities.
    05-25-09 10:26 AM
    Haha, thanks all. Anyone else switch from a Curve to a Bold? What was hardest to get over?
    i went from curve to bold.
    i spent 560$ for my bold.
    there was NOTHING to get over, believe me
    05-25-09 10:53 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD