Just got my Bold about a week and a half ago, coming from an iphone 3g. I had the iphone for 2 years and honestly just got sick of the touch screen keyboard and not being able to use the phone to its potential without jailbreaking it (which usually made it run slower). Anyways my fiance has had a pearl and now a curve and I decided to make the jump to blackberry and so far I'm loving it! I'm still learning everything but happy with the switch so far. Will however be getting an itouch for media and a few apps I don't wanna give up. Look forward to learning as much as possible from the forums!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 08:48 PM
    Welcome & congrats on your great device.
    10-18-09 08:55 PM
    Welcome. You made a great choice with the Bold.
    10-18-09 09:01 PM
    Welcome, another iPhone switcher. Keep it simple and life will be good.
    10-18-09 09:27 PM
    no doubt man. your first blackberry (since you are coming from an iphone) will seem complex (on a ugh i have to edit > close > settings > set up > type > bb button > steps > steps > steps > etc .... compared to just pressing one button on the iphone and also annoying but once you get the hang of it and and youll love it
    10-18-09 11:31 PM
    Welcome. The Bold is a great choice of BB. Good luck and do ask any questions you have.

10-19-09 12:12 AM
    Congrats on your bold and Welcome to the forum(s) . If you have any doubts/queries, we all will be here to help...

10-19-09 02:43 AM
    i also newbie of BB Bold user. hahaha
    10-19-09 02:45 AM
    Hey welcome, congrats to you on your new Bold.

10-19-09 03:26 AM
    welcome new users!
    10-19-09 03:29 AM
    Welcome. I highly recommend reading the BlackBerry 101 series of lectures. They are very informative to the new user.

10-19-09 05:43 AM
    Congrats on your Bold and welcome to Crackberry!

Here's a link to free OTA apps you can download from your BB browser....

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    10-19-09 06:53 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I've already learned a ton just from browsing the forums for a bit. And I will my best to always search first before posting questions.

10-19-09 02:20 PM
    I too am new to BB and am loving my bold. I also came from an iphone 3g and have been really enjoying this thing!
    10-19-09 02:27 PM
    My Bold is only a few months old but I cannot imagine going back to anything less. If you find half the pleasure in your device I find in mine you are in for a real treat. The addiction is not so bad after all.

Jerry
    10-19-09 03:12 PM
    Just got my Bold about a week and a half ago, coming from an iphone 3g. I had the iphone for 2 years and honestly just got sick of the touch screen keyboard and not being able to use the phone to its potential without jailbreaking it (which usually made it run slower). Anyways my fiance has had a pearl and now a curve and I decided to make the jump to blackberry and so far I'm loving it! I'm still learning everything but happy with the switch so far. Will however be getting an itouch for media and a few apps I don't wanna give up. Look forward to learning as much as possible from the forums!!

that is my same exact story haha...well, minus the "wife" part...welcome to the forums
    10-19-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD