Hello guys,
    I'm a really new blackberry user and this is actually my first time. I bought the blackberry bold 9700 in the USA but I'm officially from Israel. When buying the blackberry i was not aware that a lot of things need to be taken into consideration. I thought it is very similar to the ipod in the way that i can jailbreak it and download almost everything. The truth is this is not the case. Only after buying the phone i found out i need some data plan with my service provider in order for me to be able to enjoy the apps the gps and the emails. Is this really the case? As days go on I'm not able to enjoy it as i really wanted to. Apps store doesn't work in Israel and the blackberry is almost at the same condition as it was when i bought it a few weeks ago. I downloaded waze and that doesn't even work.
    I'm sry but I'm a real noob at this. I really need some serious help because so far im pretty disappointed.
    I do not want to pay so much money for a data plan. I do not use emails so much my main interest is for good games, apps, songs, gps.
    I would really appreciate all the help I can get from u guys.
    Thanks a lot and wish u a good day
    06-26-10 06:56 AM
    Hi,
    Unfortunetly you do need a BB data plan in order to use the GPS, App World and the other features. Sorry to tell you this.
    06-26-10 07:00 AM
    It is better to get a iPhone for your requirements.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 08:30 AM
    Yes, you need a BB Data Plan... but you can also find SOME apps that use Wifi... best place to look for those are in the 3rd Party Apps Forum
    06-26-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD