07-06-09 09:34 PM
31 12
tools
  1. camilusss's Avatar
    Yeah, I've never owned a BB before and im due for an upgrade over at ATT..My MOTOQ9 still works pretty good and I've only had it for about a year. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold(or 8900) now or should I wait a few months for the Onyx?
    06-25-09 08:01 PM
  2. rockerjockey's Avatar
    From the sound of all the upgrades they are making with the Onyx I would wait, im going to switch back to ATT for it from my Storm, im trying to be patient....hehehe
    06-25-09 08:14 PM
  3. salomondrin's Avatar
    Yeah, I've never owned a BB before and im due for an upgrade over at ATT..My MOTOQ9 still works pretty good and I've only had it for about a year. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold(or 8900) now or should I wait a few months for the Onyx?
    Are you a patient person? If not I would definitely get the Bold. It is one of the greatest phones out there, but if you can handle the wait... I'm sure you won't regret it.
    06-25-09 08:14 PM
  4. Touch Pro's Avatar
    Yeah, I've never owned a BB before and im due for an upgrade over at ATT..My MOTOQ9 still works pretty good and I've only had it for about a year. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold(or 8900) now or should I wait a few months for the Onyx?
    Get the 8900 (If you can handle the small form factor)!
    06-25-09 08:39 PM
  5. ALpHa.Q.RoUgH's Avatar
    get the bold lol its the last of the left side charging ports!!!!!!
    Last edited by ALpHa.Q.RoUgH; 06-25-09 at 10:15 PM.
    06-25-09 10:07 PM
  6. elchavo117's Avatar
    Get the Bold it's considered the best blackberry on the Market
    06-25-09 10:09 PM
  7. skoojam's Avatar
    neither! get the iphone!
    06-25-09 10:22 PM
  8. camilusss's Avatar
    From the sound of all the upgrades they are making with the Onyx I would wait, im going to switch back to ATT for it from my Storm, im trying to be patient....hehehe
    Is there an estimate release date for the Onyx? Fall/Late 09? Early 10?

    Are you a patient person? If not I would definitely get the Bold. It is one of the greatest phones out there, but if you can handle the wait... I'm sure you won't regret it.
    I'm also pretty patient, the only problem is that I have the money now, I don't think I'll have it later cuz I'm a reckless spender hahaha

    Get the 8900 (If you can handle the small form factor)!
    Ehhh, the only thing that I don't like about the 8900 is the lack of 3g. I live and go to school in areas that have excellent 3g coverage and I'm not sure how much I'll miss that if I do end up getting the 8900.

    neither! get the iphone!
    Never been a fan of the iphone, don't think I ever will be unless Apple really blows my mind next time.
    06-25-09 10:51 PM
  9. RepoJoe's Avatar
    neither! get the iphone!

    Boo!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:53 PM
  10. ALpHa.Q.RoUgH's Avatar
    I would get the bold from like craigslist or like ebay or like amazon whatever is your preference, switch your sim card from the Moto to the bold, save your upgrade for the onyx, I hear November release for the ONYX and if its not out by then, you still have your upgrade and get the MA...MA...Ma... Magnum when it comes out.
    06-25-09 11:12 PM
  11. salomondrin's Avatar
    Is there an estimate release date for the Onyx? Fall/Late 09? Early 10?



    I'm also pretty patient, the only problem is that I have the money now, I don't think I'll have it later cuz I'm a reckless spender hahaha



    Ehhh, the only thing that I don't like about the 8900 is the lack of 3g. I live and go to school in areas that have excellent 3g coverage and I'm not sure how much I'll miss that if I do end up getting the 8900.



    Never been a fan of the iphone, don't think I ever will be unless Apple really blows my mind next time.
    LOL! I don't blame you! I'm one of the worst saving-driven people in this world...

    Then get the BOLD, you won't regret it. Also, when the onyx comes out you can get it at a great price if you open a second line.... Ask around, people know how to get the phones cheaper here Good luck!
    06-25-09 11:16 PM
  12. Touch Pro's Avatar
    Ehhh, the only thing that I don't like about the 8900 is the lack of 3g. I live and go to school in areas that have excellent 3g coverage and I'm not sure how much I'll miss that if I do end up getting the 8900.

    There's no Wifi where you go to school? I know you have Wifi at home.
    06-25-09 11:58 PM
  13. priest-spy's Avatar
    I support for 8900 if you dont want to wait for Onyx.

    Cheers!
    06-26-09 11:48 AM
  14. Sinternet Jr.'s Avatar
    Yeah, I've never owned a BB before and im due for an upgrade over at ATT..My MOTOQ9 still works pretty good and I've only had it for about a year. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold(or 8900) now or should I wait a few months for the Onyx?

    This is what you should do. Go to amazon.com and purchase a new Bold for $49 and save the remaining money for the Onyx. You might as well purchase the flagship and its successor.
    06-26-09 12:06 PM
  15. Brandon26pdx's Avatar
    Yeah, I've never owned a BB before and im due for an upgrade over at ATT..My MOTOQ9 still works pretty good and I've only had it for about a year. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold(or 8900) now or should I wait a few months for the Onyx?
    At&t is probably going to want $399.99 - $100 MIR with a 2-year contract for an Onyx just like they did with the Bold. If you want something like a Bold or 8900 to tide you over for 6 months or so, it's going to cost you more. It would be far less $$$ and bouncing around to just wait it out, but I know how it is when phone fever hits.
    06-26-09 02:11 PM
  16. kluth's Avatar
    I am also a new prospective blackberry buyer and am contemplating buying a bold now or waiting for the Onyx. I have seen that Futureshop has the Bold on for 199 on a new 3 year plan. Thats the cheapest I have seen it in Canada but the plans on rogers aren't the best. I am hoping the Onyx will be released in the next few months and rogers also brings back the 6g/$30 data plan with the release.

    Still deciding whether to get the bold now, or wait for the Onyx. Kinda losing my patience.
    06-27-09 10:30 AM
  17. jerseyfresh2death's Avatar
    I am also in the same predicament. I really want a Bold but also want an Onyx. I'm thinking I will buy the Bold on craigslist or ebay and then sell it when the Onyx comes out and use that money for my upgrade to the Onyx.

    Plus ebay will have the unlocked Bold on their Daily Deal section tomorrow, hopefully for a GREAT price!
    06-27-09 03:03 PM
  18. Abouna's Avatar

    This is what you should do. Go to amazon.com and purchase a new Bold for $49 and save the remaining money for the Onyx. You might as well purchase the flagship and its successor.
    OK, how is he supposed too do this on an upgrade? I'm pretty sure this can only be done on a new contract.

    I hope I'm wrong, because I'm in exactly the same spot. I'd like to pick upa Bold for $50!
    06-27-09 06:37 PM
  19. Abouna's Avatar
    Plus ebay will have the unlocked Bold on their Daily Deal section tomorrow, hopefully for a GREAT price!
    OK, I'm slow...how do you know this!?
    06-27-09 06:38 PM
  20. Sinternet Jr.'s Avatar
    OK, how is he supposed too do this on an upgrade? I'm pretty sure this can only be done on a new contract.

    I hope I'm wrong, because I'm in exactly the same spot. I'd like to pick upa Bold for $50!
    You're wrong, you can also do it on a existing contract. I've tried it the same day I gave him the advice. Talk about a steal, a brand new Bold the same price as a Curve. Hopefully, I answered your question.
    06-28-09 11:36 AM
  21. Abouna's Avatar
    You're wrong, you can also do it on a existing contract. I've tried it the same day I gave him the advice. Talk about a steal, a brand new Bold the same price as a Curve. Hopefully, I answered your question.
    I'm more than willing to be proven wrong. Tell me how to do this!

    I just figured it out. No dice on Family plans!
    06-28-09 04:01 PM
  22. pter16's Avatar
    Omg I Really Wish They Would Give Us A Expected Date Of Release. I Am In The Same Boat As You Guys I Want To Get The Onyx But Theres No Signs Of This Phohe Coming Out Anytime Soon. Maybe The Bold Will Just Do?
    06-30-09 01:05 AM
  23. tpapa5520's Avatar
    I'm also pretty patient, the only problem is that I have the money now, I don't think I'll have it later cuz I'm a reckless spender hahaha
    If you're a reckless spender then spend your money on some RIM stock lol. IMO when you are getting locked in to a long term contract with a phone company, its always best to wait if they're are phones coming out to replace/improve on the phone you are currently wishing to buy.

    You may feel like crap without the Bold for a couple of months, but imagine how long you'll feel like crap when you try to get rid of it for the Onyx
    Last edited by tpapa5520; 06-30-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: too remove asteriks
    06-30-09 02:47 PM
  24. jon.vanderlaan's Avatar
    Omg I Really Wish They Would Give Us A Expected Date Of Release. I Am In The Same Boat As You Guys I Want To Get The Onyx But Theres No Signs Of This Phohe Coming Out Anytime Soon. Maybe The Bold Will Just Do?
    That made me laugh.
    06-30-09 07:37 PM
  25. SmashFace's Avatar
    Are you a patient person? If not I would definitely get the Bold. It is one of the greatest phones out there, but if you can handle the wait... I'm sure you won't regret it.
    +1

    .
    06-30-09 08:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD