I recently switched from the iphone to the bold and i noticed some small differences. I listen to music for a good part of my day and what was nice about the iphone was that when a call would come in the music would fade and the ring would come through your earphones. I noticed on the bold it does not do that... Is there any way to set the phone up to do that? I know the music pauses but the ringer does not come through. If not no big deal i guess i could live with out it, i just like that feature. Is there a way to shut off 3g when not web browsing? Tomorrow will be the big test on the battery life! i have read mixed reviews on the battery life so will see tomorrow. Does app world work for macs? I tried accessing the app world on line but it said i needed internet explorer.... This is my first blackberry and so far its been an exciting experience!! I like the iphone but i couldnt deal with the touch screen after awhile... The BOLD has a wonderful key board design!! I love it! If there are some helpful hints on how to get acquainted with my blackberry please share. Thanks!
    08-04-09 01:42 AM
    the bold's multimedia is weak compared to the iphone. it wont fade out like the iphone. as for mac compatibility you're better off installing parallels or vmfusion then installing blackberry desktop manager. official support wont come until sometime in september.
    08-04-09 01:52 AM
    I recently switched from the iphone to the bold and i noticed some small differences. I listen to music for a good part of my day and what was nice about the iphone was that when a call would come in the music would fade and the ring would come through your earphones. I noticed on the bold it does not do that... Is there any way to set the phone up to do that? I know the music pauses but the ringer does not come through. If not no big deal i guess i could live with out it, i just like that feature. Is there a way to shut off 3g when not web browsing? Tomorrow will be the big test on the battery life! i have read mixed reviews on the battery life so will see tomorrow. Does app world work for macs? I tried accessing the app world on line but it said i needed internet explorer.... This is my first blackberry and so far its been an exciting experience!! I like the iphone but i couldnt deal with the touch screen after awhile... The BOLD has a wonderful key board design!! I love it! If there are some helpful hints on how to get acquainted with my blackberry please share. Thanks!

You would need to upgrade to a newer version of the OS to be able to shut off 3G and run solely on 2G. Not sure which version was floating around that allowed you to do that. I believe it was .282 but don't quote me on it.
    08-04-09 01:58 AM
    Thanks! I see both phones excel in different parts but ill manage. The calls dont fade out on the bold but the keys are much better than an iphone. It balances it out little by little. Ill also wait for the mac support thats coming in september, that should be exciting! Thanks again!
    08-04-09 02:01 AM
    1- Yes, 3G can be switched to 2G if you have OS version .282 or higher.
    2- Battery life is good, according to me, specially after my brief flirtation with an iPhone 3G.
    3- Some useful shortcuts can be found here.
    Go enjoy your Bold!!
    Last edited by dilipc; 08-04-09 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Oops, typo!
    08-04-09 02:05 AM
    Rogers always allowed for turning 3G off but its os .282 that allowed it for everyone else. Sadly there is no music fade but perhaps if you listened to music on a third party app they might take advantage of this. As for browsing on wifi, iyou need to keep the radio turned on, but if you change it to 2G you save battery life. You have to keep in mind Apple is a multimedia company that developed the ipod, mac and safari etc... And so media and apps and browsing are way better on the iphone. However the blackberry has it beat when it comes to email and messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD