Hey all whats going on just bought my first BB its a Bold 9700 got it for a steal been used for about a few months the guy moved and switched carriers, all i have to do now is unlock it, The BB is T-Mobile and im with At@t so its gonna be a while for me to get use to this, now ive heard that i can update the OS system if so would it be necessary for me to do? and also what would i have to look out for on this phone?
    08-04-11 12:29 AM
    if you use it on AT&T, you'll only get EDGE (2G) because the 3G bands don't match. The unlocking subforums can be found here BlackBerry Unlocking - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and you can update the device software to a later release regardless of carrier, of OS 5 or 6 using Apploader. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file or it'll tell you different

PS. Welcome to crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 02:17 AM
    Unlock your phone for free using freemyblackberry.com these guys provice great service for free!!

08-04-11 09:29 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and to Blackberry, two wonderful worlds. For lots of help getting that 9700 tuned up and running well check out #BlackBerry Help | CrackBerry.com. Enjoy.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-04-11 09:53 AM
    Thanks guys for your help
    08-04-11 10:26 AM
    if you use it on AT&T, you'll only get EDGE (2G) because the 3G bands don't match. The unlocking subforums can be found here BlackBerry Unlocking - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and you can update the device software to a later release regardless of carrier, of OS 5 or 6 using Apploader. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file or it'll tell you different

PS. Welcome to crackberry!

Wheres the vender.xml file located and also everytime i turn my phone on i gets a 122 Error invalid Number. Please reesend using a valid 10 digit mobile number or a valid short code.
    Last edited by -Token-; 08-04-11 at 10:36 AM.
    08-04-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD