is truesupplier case OEM ? if i change my casing to those not OEM, will my warrenty be void ?
    If you modify your BB housing then you will void your warranty. Housings that say OEM just mean it's a direct replacement for stock/factory.
    01-19-10 07:46 PM
    thats what i want my blackberry to look like! it looks awesome. Props on the good work.
    01-19-10 08:00 PM
    If you modify your BB housing then you will void your warranty. Housings that say OEM just mean it's a direct replacement for stock/factory.
    oh, even if i use back oem casing, it still consider as void warrenty ?
    01-19-10 10:45 PM
    now that is a good looking berry
    01-19-10 11:21 PM
    very nice phone. Good job
    01-19-10 11:23 PM
    this is fantastic.
    The silver paint just wears off, and its way better than using a skin.

I appreciate the OPs phots showing where to put the flathead screwdriver to pop off the side.
    any chance of some photos of the BB with the bezel off to show the prongs?

Also, a quick photo suggestion for those who cant seem to post a clear shot:
    If you want a close up, use the Macro lens feature - it is the setting usually indicated by a flower icon. it lets you get closeups in focus. Also instead of a flash, use a bright table light or natural light since often a camera flash will wash out the subject when close up.

i think that matt black is trick
    Last edited by plucks; 01-20-10 at 09:40 AM.
    01-20-10 09:34 AM
    It seems that most of the new people in the 9700 forums are new Blackberry users. I can't for the life of me figure out why all these new kids started with a 9700, but there seem to be lots of dumb questions that are being asked and could be answered by simply reading the threads first or doing a search.

To make it clear to EVERYONE, if you modify your phone housing in ANY WAY, you void your warranty. The only way you [might] get around this fact is if you put the OEM pieces back on prior to any warranty service. That includes the very fragile warranty sticker under the bottom branded piece [below the keyboard].

If you buy OEM parts from someplace like TrueSupplier, when the part says OEM that only means it is a direct replacement part for original parts. It does not mean you keep your warranty with it. Use some common sense.
    01-20-10 09:52 AM
    As soon as my bezel gets scratched, I will go with the blacked out bezel... no hurry here.

I wish it had the red numbers on the KB as well!!
    01-20-10 10:19 AM
    ...but there seem to be lots of dumb questions that are being asked and could be answered by simply reading the threads first or doing a search.
    this is known as getting bit by the Lazy Bug
    01-20-10 10:42 AM
    Wow that looks good.
    01-20-10 11:34 AM
    Wow that looks good.
    Thanks for all the great feedback.
    01-21-10 09:51 AM
    Wer Can I buy it? Send me The Link/website plz
    01-22-10 03:41 AM
    Finally done with my bezel change!

also did some mod to the keypad..

back casing, 'Carbon Fibre' ordered from sw-box.. but actually its made of fabric and not real CF..

01-22-10 09:42 AM
    ekiguy: how did you find doing the top cover housing attached to the bezel ? did you glue or melt together?
    01-22-10 09:59 AM
    ekiguy: how did you find doing the top cover housing attached to the bezel ? did you glue or melt together?
    spent a lot of time fixing the top cover, used glue... i guess the next time if i have to change, i will have to order a new top cover..
    01-22-10 10:26 AM
    OOOO Swanky!!!! I', too chicken to do this myself.....LOL
    01-22-10 10:28 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get that keypad from the one with red numbering.

01-22-10 12:29 PM
    Care to explain how you did that, me likey likey
    01-22-10 12:31 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get that keypad from the one with red numbering.

Me too, me too!!! I need a red-number keypad!!
    01-22-10 12:50 PM
    Thanks for all the great compliments folks. I try to give everyone here on CB something nice to look at when taking pictures of my mods.

I'm not done with my 9700 yet. I am still trying to figure out which direction I want to go in with the keyboard and the chrome separator trim pieces RIM decided to throw in there. I AM going to black those out as well, just need to figure out if it will get painted or if one of the several online suppliers will at any time offer black ones.

But rest assured I'll have pics as soon as it's completed.

Again; thanks all for the great replies.
    I've had my black bezel and black unbranded pieces on order from TrueSupplier!

This is the best look for these phones by far. Congrats!

As to the all black keyboards, if you find a supplier for them, send me a PM!
    01-22-10 03:17 PM
    Luke...i am your father...kinda look
    01-22-10 03:27 PM
    Care to explain how you did that, me likey likey
    actually it's a very simple and low cost mod, i use a piece of red color transparent film, and cut out to the shape of the keypad and pasted it over the led bulbs.. and tadaa!! keypad with red background lights.. save the hassle of removing the leds.. best of all, i can change to blue, green, orange, anytime i like..
    01-22-10 08:15 PM

Really not fun fixing the top cover to the bezel on the 9700... much easier to do mods on my 9000s. I really wish we could buy top cover already attached to the bezel (Truesupplier only offer this option for the silver bezel what about the black one...)
    01-23-10 08:31 AM
    actually it's a very simple and low cost mod, i use a piece of red color transparent film, and cut out to the shape of the keypad and pasted it over the led bulbs.. and tadaa!! keypad with red background lights.. save the hassle of removing the leds.. best of all, i can change to blue, green, orange, anytime i like..
    Haha I thought as much, for a second I thought just maybe its a new keypad or something else hehe ;-) thanks for the info now just need to find out where to get the bloody transparent film
    01-23-10 03:39 PM
    Finally done with my bezel change!

back casing, 'Carbon Fibre' ordered from sw-box.. but actually its made of fabric and not real CF..

What theme are you using mang?
    And where did you get the colored film ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 04:45 PM
183 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD