05-26-10 11:40 AM
183 ... 23456 ...
tools
    ^^ Can I recommend a STICKY on this thread?

Judging by the GREAT pics, step by step instructions, quick replies by OP and excellent feedback...

NICE WORK
    Thanks for the support! To you and everyone else who has responded.
    12-29-09 06:14 PM
    Man that's awesome, I like it. That is a very sleek look

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 06:15 PM
    That looks very nice. I love the blacked out look. I have a couple of questions. Did you have to buy a new top cover and on the truesupplier site the bezel faceplate covers it says it comes with a screwdriver and opening tool, are those what you used to mod your BB? Also what screen protector did you use? I used the invisishield one and it got lint underneath it, it bugs the **** out of me.
    12-29-09 06:53 PM
    so sick...I hate the silver...shows every little nick
    12-29-09 07:24 PM
    I love the look, might give this a shot, if I'm not afraid of breaking the thing. I was a little scared of doing this with a storm that I got a black bezel for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 07:29 PM
    How would we know? No-one has ordered that one. Why don't you be the first to tell us.
    thats what i ordered earlier
    12-29-09 09:27 PM
    i love the knightrider look.
    12-29-09 09:32 PM
    wow that looks sick.
    12-30-09 12:22 PM
    Looks incredible! Nice job.

I just tried sending you a PM 3CISS, can you briefly enable it in your settings so it goes through?
    12-30-09 12:56 PM
    Looks incredible! Nice job.

I just tried sending you a PM 3CISS, can you briefly enable it in your settings so it goes through?
    I have PM's turned off for a reason. If you have a question please feel free to address it here.
    12-30-09 12:58 PM
    He had to turn off the PMs... to much harassment, since he is a j3rk :P
    12-30-09 01:03 PM
    He had to turn off the PMs... to much harassment, since he is a j3rk :P
    LMAO.....Yet....with a a bit of truth. LOL. Good one Clint. Love [hate] you too!!!
    12-30-09 01:08 PM
    Hey Clint, you wanna hear something funny. There's a new word that made its way into the dictionary. You're gonna love this one...it's 'Unfriend'. LOL.

I know I know, silly, but that term actually made it into our dictionary. Don't make me 'unfriend' you pal!!!
    12-30-09 01:14 PM
    Did LOL make it yet?? because I think that would be even funnier...

I am not scared, you wouldn't unfriend me.... hey my spell checker didnt get the memo that unfriend is a word yet!!!
    12-30-09 01:20 PM
    Hey Clint, you wanna hear something funny. There's a new word that made its way into the dictionary. You're gonna love this one...it's 'Unfriend'. LOL.

I know I know, silly, but that term actually made it into our dictionary. Don't make me 'unfriend' you pal!!!
    lol. 3CISS pin Clint for the details on why I was PM'ing you...that is if you haven't yet "unfriended" him
    12-30-09 01:29 PM
    lol. 3CISS pin Clint for the details on why I was PM'ing you...that is if you haven't yet "unfriended" him
    Clint is right; I wouldn't 'unfriend' him. He's informed me of the situation. Getting him the info now.
    12-30-09 01:38 PM
    Secret handshake!! LOL
    12-30-09 01:41 PM
    quick question 3CISSBB - i have the black bezel/housing but can't figure out how to take off the top "blackberry" piece from the silver bezel to add to my black one. I can't find any clips or anything. Thanks.
    12-30-09 10:01 PM
    Are you for real? Seriously??? If you can't even bother to read the FIRST page you should probably move along to a more interesting thread....something like...

Here's my PIN. Be my friend.
    Looking on the pictures my first natural reaction was only to ask where the heck I could get it, you know so I missed it. My bad.

Back to the question. Is the black paint easily scratched off? How's the build quality?
    12-30-09 10:13 PM
    I gotta say: that is one hot BB. It came out really nice!
    12-30-09 10:24 PM
    Secret handshake!! LOL
    you guys are crazy
    12-30-09 10:57 PM
    I had tons of problems trying to attach the extra top piece to my new bezel. After trying to melt and whatnot I gave up. I couldn't get the piece on flush and have the buttons work. Wish I had read about the precision tweezers and went that route cause my roommate has that stuff in the basement with a giant magnifying light.

I went ahead and ordered the black bezel with the bottom piece and the top piece all ready attached (at least it was in the picture and i'll be mad as **** if its not). Pretty sure my current black bezel is ruined from the melting process to even try to fit the OEM top housing in place.

For the person asking about the gap, if you take off the stock OEM trim with the top attached you will see a gap. The gap is a necessary evil to let the top buttons function. When I had thought that my work was perfect I put it on my phone went to lock it and I didn't leave enough gap. Sure I could push the button down but every time I did it was a plastic on plastic scraping that created an AWFUL noise just from being less then 1mm out of place.

Great job and I hope mine come together to turn out this nice.

Want to add in too, for anyone doing this at home be careful. When gentry prying the chrome bezel up there are 2 tabs, 1 on each side of the Send and End key. I couldn't figure it out and both of my tabs snapped. I have ordered a new back housing since I can't deal with the 1mm gap it left leaving keyboard light shining through. Just be careful and take your time. Luckily these parts are order-able but this has turned out to be an expensive modification on my part. Lucky with a new trim and back housing on the way mine should look perfect once I replace the guts.
    I just chatted with one of the service people from truesupplier.com... they said the top cover + bezel doesn't come attached
    12-31-09 12:02 AM
    that looks really nice man!
    12-31-09 12:52 AM
    this is fierce! i love it!
    12-31-09 01:52 AM
    I ordered my bezel from truesupplier.com. I bought the bezel with no logo bottom and "oem" top cover.

i was thinking the parts would be an easy install after seeing vids online. I had no problem with th bezel and bottom cover.

oly problem was the top cover not being locked into the bezel. so i went to my normal cell fone repair spot and he told me to use a soldering iron to melt the plastic holding tabs onto the bezel.

so i did that and the top cover held onton the bezel fine. like a previous post i too had that gap up top so what i did was super glue the top middle part to the tabs on the bezel and it came out fine

no weird noises, clicking, or squeaking. was lucky with this first try. i got real worried about changing everything once i ran into the problem.

but in the end the phone looks super clean.

so if you do order from true supplier just be aware you'll have to do a little handy work, nothing major but model car status type stuff.

if anyone finds a online site that sells bezels with top cover already sealed on let me know please! thanx in advance!!

12-31-09 04:10 AM
183 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD