That's what I want to know too. I want to make it so if I have a problem with my black bezel, I can just put the chrome one back on without having to transfer anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 04:59 PM
    Ya just go to that link I provided. That's the one I have, now I just have to put that freakin top cover on and i'll be good to go.

01-09-10 05:27 PM
    T5 screwdriver and a plastic separating tool. Both can be bought at TrueSupplier or CNN.cn. TrueSupplier shipped me both with my order [although I already had them from previous orders and customizations].
    I did this to my Bold 9000. blacked it all out with dark purple trackball (thx to black sharpie). Looks nice. Are the same tools use on the 9700 as on the 9000?

btw I ordered a white bezel. waiting for it to arrive. Will take pics and 'show off'. Is it hard to replace the top bit where the standby button is?
    Last edited by OmzY; 01-09-10 at 06:23 PM.
    01-09-10 06:20 PM
    yeah i might get the glossyblack, but didn't you got the metal-mesh and other stuff that you might needed?
    and how is the top cover working for you hard to put on?
    I don't know where to get the metal mesh, it does have a cloth mesh attached to the bezel but I'm not sure if I need the metal. Other than that I'm not sure how to attach it, soldering it I think is going to be my next move.

EDIT: Mesh for Blackberry bold 9700 top cover :: 9700/9020 Onyx :: Blackberry :: Housing/Faceplate :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    Do I need this?
    Last edited by Ronin_81; 01-09-10 at 06:26 PM.
    01-09-10 06:23 PM
    That is just beautiful, that's one handsome Bold. I have a couple of questions though. As an amateur model maker with no experience with phone (dis)assembly, do you recommend me going it a shot? I currently have a phone with a tilted trackpad and a broken chrome keyboard separator. Which set of parts is the most ideal for a complete transformation of the phone? Thanks in advance.
    01-09-10 06:31 PM
    That's all I can tell that we would need. I'm gonna take apart my bold and see if I can take that mesh off the OEM easily and see how everything goes.
    01-09-10 06:46 PM
    I don't know where to get the metal mesh, it does have a cloth mesh attached to the bezel but I'm not sure if I need the metal. Other than that I'm not sure how to attach it, soldering it I think is going to be my next move.

EDIT: Mesh for Blackberry bold 9700 top cover *::*9700/9020 Onyx*::*Blackberry*::*Housing/Faceplate*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    Do I need this?
    I think the mesh gives it a more finished look, more professional. I have actually seen a seller on ebay who sells the mesh, so search there.
    01-09-10 07:30 PM
    I have it taken apart right now, I don't even see how you would get to the metal. I'll post a pic later but from what I can tell, I would only need to transfer that foam sticky pad over to the new top cover
    01-09-10 07:34 PM
    Wait I do see where to put the metal mesh lol
    01-09-10 07:35 PM
    Well their is a mesh there already, and you put the metal mesh on the top cover and then attach it permanently to the bezel, so I'm wondering if this is a look kind of thing or if it will change how the speaker sounds and such
    01-09-10 07:44 PM
    http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/a...00109-1832.jpg

Very blurry pic but it shows my OEM bezel on top and my black one on the bottom, its hard to get the pic clear, but it looks to me that the sticky foam would be the only thing I will need to transfer to my new bezel/top cover
    01-09-10 07:55 PM
    I didn't take the metal mesh out because I don't want to take apart my original bezel and top cover. You would have to pop off the top cover to get to the metal mesh and then take it out, so if your ordering stuff I would just get a new one.
    01-09-10 08:01 PM
    If you want that metal mesh then I'd order it, but another softer mesh is already on the new bezel, but that foam part I guess I have to transfer from my OEM top cover.
    I don't want to mess with anything on my OEM parts in case I have to bail out and put the chrome one back on lol
    01-09-10 08:18 PM
    I'm debating if I should order a metal mesh from true supplier. Only thing is its gonna take another 11 days to get here
    01-09-10 08:56 PM
    I haven't put the black on there because once I do its going to be permanent so if I want to put a metal mesh on I'd either have to somehow take the top cover off or order a new bezel and top piece

01-09-10 10:45 PM
    Ya the metal mesh should finish it up nicely.
    It took mine 11 days to get to the western US and I had the 7-14 day shipping.
    Its more about patience putting this thing together, you have to line everything up and make sure the mute and lock key have a little space so they can be pressed down. What I did was I taped the top cover in position which took a bit to get it perfect then I glued these 2 top brackets on top to hold it even better then I soldered the prongs into place and it worked really well for me.
    01-10-10 01:19 PM
    I got mine at walmart (not sure if their is one near you) but the only other options would be to glue it in place, or like that 3m guy he said he bent the prongs to hold it into place I think but I didn't want to do that in fear that I would break them.

01-10-10 03:58 PM
    simply blown away by the beautiful looks of things, i have been debating on doing it to mine for a while.
    01-10-10 05:07 PM
    yeah, not like a walmart i think but another store which might have it..
    well glue could be an option, and i don't think benting the prongs would be ok.
    how much did you paid for such iron soldering.
    Mine was like 5.50 at walmart
    01-10-10 05:14 PM
    The phone looks great blacked out!

Does anybody know where to get a red-number qwerty keypad like the OEM and Rogers Bold 9000's had? THAT would look amazing on the 9700 IMO.
    01-10-10 07:58 PM
    I blacked out my 8900 because of the cheap bezel.

I really enjoy the look of this one (9700). I may be one of the only ones not jumping to alter it.

Op's phone does look cool. Nice work. I am sure a lot of people would agree that you did an excellent job.
    01-10-10 08:04 PM
    That looks fantastic! I don't think I could do that myself, don't have too much patience for small intricate work like that
    01-10-10 08:30 PM
    That looks fantastic! I don't think I could do that myself, don't have too much patience for small intricate work like that
    It's not hard work at all if you take your time.
    01-19-10 06:49 PM
    Murdered out that looks great!
    01-19-10 07:15 PM
    T5 screwdriver and a plastic separating tool. Both can be bought at TrueSupplier or CNN.cn. TrueSupplier shipped me both with my order [although I already had them from previous orders and customizations].
    is truesupplier case OEM ? if i change my casing to those not OEM, will my warrenty be void ?
    01-19-10 07:44 PM
183 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD