Here is my new black housing after installation:

12-28-09 07:11 PM
    I really like it. This would be the only way I would do my 9700. Was it hard to do?
    12-28-09 07:13 PM
    looks good came out good
    12-28-09 07:14 PM
    That's a nice look!
    12-28-09 07:15 PM
    Wow! That looks really good! BTW did you encounter any screws with white warranty stickers? If so where? Thanks.
    12-28-09 07:18 PM
    I really like it. This would be the only way I would do my 9700. Was it hard to do?
    Wasn't hard for me as I've been customizing Berries for years. I will say that the inexperienced might have some difficulty with the top cover as it requires patience.
    12-28-09 07:38 PM
    Wow! That looks really good! BTW did you encounter any screws with white warranty stickers? If so where? Thanks.
    Yes, there is a small white warranty sticker under the bottom plate just below the [ALT] key, but if careful; you can remove it with precision tweezers and then reapply it afterward as I did.
    12-28-09 07:39 PM
    Wasn't hard for me as I've been customizing Berries for years. I will say that the inexperienced might have some difficulty with the top cover as it requires patience.
    yea, this is why I doubt I ever do it unless I know someone local who can do it
    12-28-09 07:41 PM
    Yes, there is a small white warranty sticker under the bottom plate just below the [ALT] key, but if careful; you can remove it with precision tweezers and then reapply it afterward as I did.
    ok thanks!
    12-28-09 07:42 PM
    That's hot lookin, I just wouldn't do it because I don't feel like voiding my warranty. Even if you can reattach the sticker, that would mean you would also have to replace the bezel yet again.
    12-28-09 07:51 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the housing from?
    12-28-09 07:52 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the housing from?
    Housing and unbranded bottom plate came from TrueSupplier.
    12-28-09 07:53 PM
    That looks sick!!! What tools do you need to do this? And where do you get them?
    12-28-09 08:04 PM
    That looks sick!!! What tools do you need to do this? And where do you get them?
    T5 screwdriver and a plastic separating tool. Both can be bought at TrueSupplier or CNN.cn. TrueSupplier shipped me both with my order [although I already had them from previous orders and customizations].
    12-28-09 08:09 PM
    Looking good! Where did you buy it? Could you scratch the black paint off?
    12-28-09 10:34 PM
    Where did you buy it?
    Are you for real? Seriously??? If you can't even bother to read the FIRST page you should probably move along to a more interesting thread....something like...

Here's my PIN. Be my friend.
    12-28-09 10:37 PM
    nice piece of work!
    12-28-09 10:39 PM
    thats HOT!!! Good job....
    12-28-09 10:54 PM
    Looks good thanks for sharing!
    Now I want to do it also
    12-28-09 11:22 PM
    Looks sharp!

I'm thinking about ordering the metallic blue bezel and "carbon fiber" battery cover from them. About how long did it take to get delivered to the states from TrueSupplier?
    12-29-09 12:17 AM
    Here is my new black housing after installation:
    1.) Incredible. Just incredible.

2.) RIM should put you on staff and make you their chief mod designer.

3.) Why presentations like this are not initially available as "out-of-the-box" options from RIM is a source of continual confusion to me.
    12-29-09 12:51 AM
    Looks sharp!

I'm thinking about ordering the metallic blue bezel and "carbon fiber" battery cover from them. About how long did it take to get delivered to the states from TrueSupplier?
    Not sure about the metallic blue bezel, but a high class carbon fibre battery door would look amazing.
    12-29-09 12:53 AM
    Are you for real? Seriously??? If you can't even bother to read the FIRST page you should probably move along to a more interesting thread....something like...

Here's my PIN. Be my friend.
    LOL. That is funny.
    12-29-09 12:54 AM
    THIS..is what I want to do to my 9700.

I guess I'll have to wait and find someone local that can comfortably open a BB since I'm pretty sure I'll snap off every clip, tab and round off every screw
    12-29-09 01:05 AM
    Great work as usual 3C!!! I've seen some of your other work and this is no different. People should follow your lead when taking pics of their device: A) wipe the damn thing off for crying out loud... B) Photos taken close up should be clear and not blurry and finally C decent lighting. I don't know how many pics I've seen where all of these said rules were broken.

Anyway, I plan on doing mine the exact same way although I've had this device a little over a month and the newness hasn't worn off yet. I'm hoping that it won't look too similar to my Javelin that's been blacked out as well. Maybe after the holidays I'll give this a go...
    12-29-09 03:24 AM
183 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD