Hi I have recently just purchased the new bold 9700 in the uk on orange network. I LOVE the phone to bits but I am becoming quite frustrated!! Sometimes when people ring me, even when the profile is set to normal it doesnt ring, it just comes through as a missed call. But at other times it rings through fine. I have looked at every setting I can think of related to this. When the other phone is calling my phone it rings as normal but on my phone the call doesnt appear, only as a missed call. Its becoming quite annoying as it decides when it wants to occur.

Can anyone help me with this? is there a solution? I love the phone but this is really starting to annoy me!

Any help is much much appreciated!! Thanks!!!
    03-10-10 02:26 PM
    Can you be detail on what OS are you running ? have you tried creating a new profile to see if the ringing works ?
    03-22-10 02:31 PM
    This has happen to me on a couple of occasions, not just on my Blackberry but also on my previous phones - Sony Ericsson and Nokia.

I don't think Orange will admit it but I think it is to do their 3G network coverage, I had the phone in my hand then the phone vibrates letting me know there been a missed call or voice mail without the phone ever ringing.

I've even had problems trying to make a call whilst at home even when I was connected to my Wi-Fi network with the UMA on!!!

As this happens randomly I've never been able to prove it to the staff in the Orange phone shop .

Best of luck, I hope you find a solution.
    03-22-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD