Now that RIM has "officially" announced the BB 9000, how many of you would still get a new BB, or would you wait until the 9000 is out and then get that? I'm asking because I'm planning on getting my first BB soon, but if the 9000 is coming out relatively soon, I'm having some second thoughts..

What would you all do?
    05-12-08 09:17 AM
    I just got my Pearl in April, and am really happy with it (am really pissed with RIM about this Unite fiasco though...) and will wait until I see the Bold to see what I do. It sure looks purty though.

The flip, whenever it happens, would not be an option. If one does make me upgrade (and at that point I would be eligible for a contract renewal) it will be the 9000.
    05-12-08 09:51 AM
    I would recommend getting a BB now. With RIM not having set a release date yet, you have no idea when it will be released. And from my experience, both releases of the 8820 and 8120 were delayed from the date that the carriers had given.
    05-12-08 10:04 AM
    I would wait and get the bold with discounted price. Wifi and 3g sounds good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 10:20 AM
    Now that RIM has "officially" announced the BB 9000, how many of you would still get a new BB, or would you wait until the 9000 is out and then get that? I'm asking because I'm planning on getting my first BB soon, but if the 9000 is coming out relatively soon, I'm having some second thoughts..

What would you all do?
    It depends..
    What's the status of your current phone? Can it not work for you till the 9000 drops? Do you need a smartphone now?

All the current BlackBerry phones are great but lack the OS the new phones will have. You could purchase a BB now and upgrade the OS later, but then your still waiting on an upgraded phone. You also won't have a 3g option if that matters to you.

If you wait and purchase the 9000 you will have everything a BlackBerry phone could come with.

So, if you're in a hurry, get a Curve. If not, wait like the rest of us for all the bells and whistles of the 9000.
    Last edited by CJH315; 05-12-08 at 10:47 AM.
    05-12-08 10:44 AM
    It depends..
    What's the status of your current phone? Can it not work for you till the 9000 drops? Do you need a smartphone now?

All the current BlackBerry phones are great but lack the OS the new phones will have. You could purchase a BB now and upgrade the OS later, but then your still waiting on and upgraded phone. You also won't have a 3g option if that matters to you.

If you wait and purchase the 9000 you will have everything a BlackBerry phone could come with.

So, if you're in a hurry, get a Curve. If not, wait like the rest of us for all the bells and whistles of the 9000.
    Currently I have an iphone and no Blackberry. Also, I am not eligible for an upgrade from my carrier (AT&T) until 2009 so I won't be "wasting" my upgrade deal.. As for getting the curve, I found someone willing to trade a new curve for my iphone so I won't be "paying" for it.. However, if the new 9000 is coming out soon, I could sell the iphone instead of trade it, and put that cash toward the 9000.

What would you do if you were in that situation? Sell for the cash and wait, or take the trade and pay full price for the 9000 later when its released?
    05-12-08 10:48 AM
    I just bought a new BB and but I still will get the 9000 when it comes out.
    05-12-08 10:49 AM
    I've got the best of both worlds. I have a curve and I'm eligible for an upgrade

05-12-08 10:52 AM
    I've got the best of both worlds. I have a curve and I'm eligible for an upgrade

I'll keep my 8830 (Verizon) till the BOLD is released. By then I'll be eligible for a free upgrade.
    BTW.. That 9000 Bold is Sweeeeet!
    05-12-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD