Hey guys I need some help. I ordered 2 new batteries from sw-box for my 9700. As soon as put them in, I get the BlackBerry loading screen and on lets say 33% I get a white screen. When I put my old battery in, it loads up no problem.

Any takers on what could fix it?
    12-14-10 03:41 PM
    I've never had that happen, but it sounds like the batteries are defective. I suggest you return them for a refund.
    12-14-10 03:59 PM
    Are the batteries fully charged?
    I've also seen a weird battery unlocked unit it some youtube videos, if I find it ill link it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 04:12 PM
    Did it show a line through the battery when it was booting? That's an obvious sign that it's the wrong battery type. Return it, get a refund. Ebay has a good selection of batteries, I'll list some sellers that sell 'em cheap, they're new aftermarket ones, basically extended batteries and they come with a back cover. But you'll need a case that supports extended batteries. Just letting you know.

Looked and forgot the sellers, but I did find this listing, the exact same one I got that battery from. Just remember to drain until the device complains and shuts off after warning you. Battery pull, let it drain some more, until it shuts off seconds after booting with a warning. After that, charge it until it reached 100%

It wakes up the battery, trust me, don't say I'm wrong either, because if I didn't do that, my battery that I got from them would be dying much quicker with little to no use on some days.

Listing: 3000mah Extended Battery +Cover F Blackberry Bold 9700 on eBay.ca (item 250613452794 end time 06-Jan-11 09:48:52 EST)

12-14-10 05:54 PM
    Interesting issue, happening with two aftermarket batteries from same source, but with stock everything a-okay! Seems like an easy analysis, but I've always heard nothing but good things about sw-box, so this seems more odd and less easy than simple logic from what meets the mind. Rationally speaking I'd say the new batts are bad, because were they simply not charged the screen wouldn't go white the phone just wouldn't power up at'll. Still, were they bad you'd think that the phone wouldn't get as far as it does before the problem occurs, but this seems more likely than the previous theory. I guess the easiest route to take first would be to stick it on a charger then put one of the newer batteries and see what happens. If no change the items are bad and its time send back for replacement or refund.

12-18-10 01:28 AM
    Did it show a line through the battery when it was booting? That's an obvious sign that it's the wrong battery type. Return it, get a refund. Ebay has a good selection of batteries, I'll list some sellers that sell 'em cheap, they're new aftermarket ones, basically extended batteries and they come with a back cover. But you'll need a case that supports extended batteries. Just letting you know.

Looked and forgot the sellers, but I did find this listing, the exact same one I got that battery from. Just remember to drain until the device complains and shuts off after warning you. Battery pull, let it drain some more, until it shuts off seconds after booting with a warning. After that, charge it until it reached 100%

It wakes up the battery, trust me, don't say I'm wrong either, because if I didn't do that, my battery that I got from them would be dying much quicker with little to no use on some days.

Listing: 3000mah Extended Battery +Cover F Blackberry Bold 9700 on eBay.ca (item 250613452794 end time 06-Jan-11 09:48:52 EST)

as this is many months after you got those ebay specials, how do you find them? do they hold up considerably longer than the oem stuff?

I'm thinking of getting one off the bay as the prices have plunged but don't want to waste my time with nominal increases in usage time...

thoughts?
    07-08-11 11:28 AM
    as this is many months after you got those ebay specials, how do you find them? do they hold up considerably longer than the oem stuff?

I'm thinking of getting one off the bay as the prices have plunged but don't want to waste my time with nominal increases in usage time...

thoughts?
    2-3 days of usage, since that's normal for extended batteries. Mine outlasted 4 days at most, almost 5. Wifi is never off, bluetooth is off, unneeded running apps are closed, if any. Sometimes the OS version has a bug where running idle apps use up cpu cycles like mad.

Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    07-08-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD