Okay, so I'm counting on you guys to maybe give me some suggestions or diagnosis as to what's going on with my phone. Since I've decided to wait until AT&T comes out with the Blackberry Bold 9900, I bought a new battery from CrackBerry, the official Blackberry one, not a knockoff or OEM, but identical to the original.

For the last six times I've tried to text or send an e-mail from my phone when I get into about the second or third sentence the phone goes dead, the red light turns solid, and it reboots itself. I did a full 12 hour charge last night and according to the application "Battery Plus" it started off with 100% charge (270 minutes) with a voltage of about 4000 mV's. This never happened with my old battery, and currently I have the WiFi turned off, I'm only running 2G even though I could easily pull 3G, and only have a Bluetooth connected.

Is this just something new with a new battery, is it a bad battery, it's the one that was recommended off of CrackBerry, so I see no difference between this one and the older one, but I've never had this happen to my phone in over 18 months.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated, as I'm starting to pull my hair out, and I can't afford to do that either.

Thanks
    08-27-11 12:39 PM
    What is your file free memory? Do you have a lot of apps running on your device? Did you shrink your OS? Random reboots are indicative of low file free memory, and the 9000 does not have much application memory available anyway since it is only 128MB (which includes the OS not just 3rd party apps).
    rktate likes this.
    08-27-11 12:43 PM
    What is your file free memory? Do you have a lot of apps running on your device? Did you shrink your OS? Random reboots are indicative of low file free memory, and the 9000 does not have much application memory available anyway since it is only 128MB (which includes the OS not just 3rd party apps).
    No, you're absolutely right. But I haven't added any new apps for over a month because I only have about 12 MB of free space. But it did not seem to be a problem with the old battery. I just ran Pandora for about 45 minutes and it did not have a problem. So I thought, why not give it another try and send out a text. Now things seem to be working just fine. Maybe it just needed to get itself "familiar" with the new battery. But what I absolutely hate, is that even though this battery is brand-new and was charged fully last night for the first time, I haven't really even talked on it, and right now I only have 70% charge remaining or about (180 minutes of talk time) from all the rebooting.

All my apps are always closed as soon as I'm done looking at them or need to.

But you're absolutely right I wish there was someway to increase the memory size, which was another reason I was looking to jump to the 9900, but as long as this does not continue to happen over the weekend I think it'll be fine, and they'll have a spare battery just in case. But I don't think AT&T can hurry up enough with the release of the 9900. I've been waiting since it first announced.: (
    08-27-11 02:07 PM
    Okay, it just happened again... and this time I was doing absolutely nothing. I have no idea what the problem is, but as soon as it reloads I'm going to check the memory, but I think there is plenty or at least over 15 MB left.

And as I mentioned this never happened until I put in the new battery last night and charged it for the first time. I just wanted a new battery to get some extra talk time. But I will return it if I can figure out what's going on.

After waiting to post... going under my Blackberry World I have 9 apps installed, and 22.8 MB of memory left (which puts me in the yellow category)... all of which are turned off with the exception of the ones that need to run. But now I am down to 54% of battery life left, or 140 minutes left of talk time, and I haven't even had a five-minute conversation with somebody today.

RIDICULOUS... any ideas besides going back to my old battery and returning this one?
    08-27-11 02:57 PM
    Stuck in the old battery... no problems, looks like I'll be returning this, but still wish that I could figure out why the other battery was not a good fit. The one thing I did notice right away when I took the new battery out was that it was extremely hot!!

Sorry to the CrackBerry shop. But also looking at the battery that I purchased from them, it is very scratched up and looks like it's been used. Oh well, at least there's a 30 day return policy.
    08-27-11 03:54 PM
    try to reset to wipe the phone, don't forget to backup.
    08-28-11 01:40 AM
    I would not wipe the device at this. If only the new battery presents problems, and that battery has a 30-day return policy, I would exchange the battery first.
    08-28-11 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD