Hi all,

I have a new 9900 that I purchased on ebay as I dropped my phone last week and broke it (no insurance).

The new phone will not see my media card which is a 16gb. This card works in my broken phone.

I have tried a 1gb standard card and it is the same so I presume it is the phone. Menu is stating "Media Card is not currently inserted in the device". I have it inserted correctly and 'Media Card Support' is ticked.

My phone is using 7.1.0 bundle 2061.

Any ideas?
    10-31-13 04:30 AM
    Sounds like hardware to me. Just for kicks, have you tried enabling mass storage, and accessing the SD via USB?
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-31-13 07:04 AM
    Sounds like hardware to me. Just for kicks, have you tried enabling mass storage, and accessing the SD via USB?
    Hi, thanks for responding. I'm trying that now and no I can't see what's on the drive but there is a drive letter there. Can you remind me, how do I enable mass storage. Is that something I do on the blackberry?
    10-31-13 07:36 AM
    Yep, on the BlackBerry. Options, storage, enable mass storage.
    10-31-13 07:42 AM
    Unfortunately your problem is pretty normal for that phone. Mine I had to play with pulling the card in and out till it worked. Tried a couple months ago to put a card in and give it to my mother to use and I spent a couple hours and tried a few different cards, ng. Good Luck. Post any positive results please.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and scarymonster like this.
    10-31-13 07:47 AM
    Thanks guys, I will try a few things and if I find a fix I will post it to this thread. Otherwise I'll just have to make do with the internal memory. Not exactly the end of the world I guess but still, rather disappointing.
    10-31-13 08:05 AM
    Unfortunately your problem is pretty normal for that phone. Mine I had to play with pulling the card in and out till it worked. Tried a couple months ago to put a card in and give it to my mother to use and I spent a couple hours and tried a few different cards, ng. Good Luck. Post any positive results please.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! That reminds me, it only used to show every other boot.

Try a battery pull.
    10-31-13 08:19 AM
    I've tried multiple battery pulls since yesterday. I've now backed up the card and have reformatted using exFat as per an old thread somewhere else but that also has not worked.
    10-31-13 08:33 AM