Hi there, my name is Chris and wanted to say hello to everyone.

I just bought a Rogers Bold 9700 unlocked and want to use it on the Bell network. I have the sim card, and its activated.
    I can make calls, text message, and go on the internet. The only problems i am having is my 2 emails will not work. They worked fine on my previous phone 8330, facebook wont work, and my BBM doesnt seem to be working aswell.

Thanks
    Chris
    07-26-11 07:25 PM
    Hi there, my name is Chris and wanted to say hello to everyone.

I just bought a Rogers Bold 9700 unlocked and want to use it on the Bell network. I have the sim card, and its activated.
    I can make calls, text message, and go on the internet. The only problems i am having is my 2 emails will not work. They worked fine on my previous phone 8330, facebook wont work, and my BBM doesnt seem to be working aswell.

Thanks
    Chris
    did you just move the backup file from your 8330 to your 9700? Cause I know my emails didn't initiate properly when I did that. Try deleting and readding them using the setup
    07-26-11 07:34 PM
    I did the transfer on the desktop software. Plug the 8330 in save the info the plug 9700 in and transfer the info. I can compose the email just wont go anywhere.
    07-26-11 07:38 PM
    I did the transfer on the desktop software. Plug the 8330 in save the info the plug 9700 in and transfer the info. I can compose the email just wont go anywhere.
    Are both emails not sending or just one of them?
    07-26-11 07:48 PM
    Both email are not working.

When i try different app that i have this is a common error I get;

" You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. if you want to use this application, please sontact your service provider to upgrade your data plan"

I can go on the WEB with the phone google stuff, watch you tube videos.
    07-26-11 07:57 PM
    sounds like you need to verify that new IMEI and PIN are associated with your BIS.

once that is done, everything will start working

give Bell a call (from a landline) and get the new phone on your account.
    07-26-11 08:48 PM
    Make sure you have a BIS plan with Bell. If you do, go the the email setup application on your phone and validate your email accounts. Even though DM transferred the accounts over, they still need to be validated. After they're validated, the emails should work. For good measure, while you're in email setup, send the service books to your device.

I'm on my 5th different BlackBerry since August of last year and I've always done this when I use DM to switch over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 09:00 PM
    No Blackberry data plan = No Blackberry specific features.
    Let us know if it all worked out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 09:55 PM
    Sounds like you have no BB services activated on your account. Probably forgot when they moved you from CDMA to UMTS.

You should see 3G in capitals on the top right by the signal bars. If not, you need to talk to bell again.
    07-27-11 08:46 AM
    Another thing worth trying is to go to Host Routing Table and, from the menu, select "Register Now." It may be trying to route your blackberry traffic through your old carrier. As mentioned before, none of this will work if you don't have a blackberry plan on your new carrier.
    07-27-11 11:31 AM
    sounds like you need to verify that new IMEI and PIN are associated with your BIS.

once that is done, everything will start working

give Bell a call (from a landline) and get the new phone on your account.
    I gave Bell my IMEI and PIN already, what is BIS?
    07-27-11 02:36 PM
    Another thing worth trying is to go to Host Routing Table and, from the menu, select "Register Now." It may be trying to route your blackberry traffic through your old carrier. As mentioned before, none of this will work if you don't have a blackberry plan on your new carrier.
    I tried it a 5 times or more, with no luck.
    07-27-11 02:38 PM
    Sounds like you have no BB services activated on your account. Probably forgot when they moved you from CDMA to UMTS.

You should see 3G in capitals on the top right by the signal bars. If not, you need to talk to bell again.
    I do see the 3G in the corner.

When I was at work today I took my phone to the IT department and they took my sim card out and put it in a other Bell phone, everything worked.
    Then they put there Rogers sim card in my phone and same problem as i was having. So that would lead me to believe that there is something missing from my phone, or something is not ON. Could I be wrong? I hope it is something stupid.
    Last edited by cgreencorn1; 07-27-11 at 02:45 PM.
    07-27-11 02:43 PM
    I tried it a 5 times or more, with no luck.
    I do see the 3G in the corner.

When I was at work today I took my phone to the IT department and they took my sim card out and put it in a other Bell phone, everything worked.
    Then they put there Rogers sim card in my phone and same problem as i was having. So that would lead me to believe that there is something missing from my phone, or something is not ON. Could I be wrong? I hope it is something stupid.
    Is the 9700 activated on your company's enterprise server?
    07-27-11 04:51 PM
    Is the 9700 activated on your company's enterprise server?
    No it is not on the enterprise server.

I also tried it with my wifes cells phone tonight, and no luck. Phone is from Rogers and hers is with Rogers. I think im missing the Service Book info but when they try to send it, i cant get it.

07-27-11 09:17 PM
    BIS - Blackberry Internet service

Call your carrier and ask for BIS plan. Once your phone is activated service books gets automatically pushed to your device.

Doing this will also ensure your PIN is released from Rogers to BELL
    07-28-11 06:29 PM
    It is simple. You bought a 9700 that is not associated with YOUR BIS plan on YOUR account, and is probably still "stuck" on whoever had it before you. BIS is, as someone already stated, Blackberry Internet Service. BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service. You need BIS, it seems. Once you get your BBs associated with YOUR account, and get a BIS plan, it will all be fixed. Call your carrier, check if you are on BIS, if not, ask for that.
    07-29-11 12:14 AM
    Do you have the email setup option on your setup screen? If so, I know in there it has a menu option for sending service books for BIS. Might be worth a shot.
    07-29-11 02:21 AM
    It is simple. You bought a 9700 that is not associated with YOUR BIS plan on YOUR account, and is probably still "stuck" on whoever had it before you. BIS is, as someone already stated, Blackberry Internet Service. BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service. You need BIS, it seems. Once you get your BBs associated with YOUR account, and get a BIS plan, it will all be fixed. Call your carrier, check if you are on BIS, if not, ask for that.
    I called my carrier and checked and they said yes my account is setup with BIS.
    07-29-11 02:29 PM
    Do you have the email setup option on your setup screen? If so, I know in there it has a menu option for sending service books for BIS. Might be worth a shot.
    When i go into the email option, it will only allow the enterprise option, then if i skip it it will only allow me to save the email. Is there anywhere i can download the service books that i need and install through the USB cable?
    07-29-11 02:32 PM
    Well this is just a FYI follow up post.

I got ahold of the person I bought the phone from and explained the problem I was having and they shipped me another new one. Got the new phone and everything worked like it should. So there must have been a problem with the other phone after all.

Thanks for all the help
    Chris
    08-14-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD