Not sure I will ever upgrade again after this. I backed up my 9650, did the upgrade. After it restored most of my apps were gone or I had to reload them.
    Holy goat I have 83 apps. What a pain. Plus I had to find out which store I got them from. A lot of them were in "my world" from the BB app store, but the expensive ones were from the developers. 3 days later and I am still trying to get back to where I was on Tuesday.
    Hope you don't have the same trouble I had!
    PS Tried earlier date restorals and no luck either.
    Bill
    07-08-11 09:20 AM
    All of my apps migrated thru the OS update. I suspect your issue is with App World.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-08-11 at 10:15 AM.
    07-08-11 09:23 AM
    .600 seems to be working well for me. I did have to reload my 4 RIM im apps: yahoo, msn, aim, and gtalk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 10:12 AM
    Besides the 3rd party theme and app screen issues the build is faster and over all better, at least for me, so far.

83 apps, wow..That probably most of your issue.

Tim
    07-08-11 10:34 AM
    Not sure I will ever upgrade again after this. I backed up my 9650, did the upgrade. After it restored most of my apps were gone or I had to reload them.
    Holy goat I have 83 apps. What a pain. Plus I had to find out which store I got them from. A lot of them were in "my world" from the BB app store, but the expensive ones were from the developers. 3 days later and I am still trying to get back to where I was on Tuesday.
    Bill
    How did you do your upgrade? Did you use Apploader? It backs up all your apps and puts them back after installing the new OS. Also, did you back up the apps using DM? or something else?
    07-08-11 02:05 PM
    Bill
    Having that many apps makes it practically necessary to use BB Boss or BBSAK to extract all the cods for the apps for emergencies such as these.
    07-08-11 04:59 PM
    I did a bu via DM first. As the new OS was starting it did it's own BU, Install, and Restore. Then what hair I had is now gone BUT I have retreived all of my apps.
    Thanks for the reply so life is ,once again, peaceful.
    Thanks to all for other load options.
    Off to 2 weeks vacation.
    07-08-11 05:10 PM
    I had few issues, but after doing a complete wipe and reinstall, I am having zero extra problems beside the usual reported. Overall, I am pleased.
    07-08-11 06:31 PM
    I have been having nothing but issues with this release. I will give that the radio file on this seems to be better than past releases but for me, this is not ready for prime time.
    07-08-11 08:33 PM
    I have been having nothing but issues with this release. I will give that the radio file on this seems to be better than past releases but for me, this is not ready for prime time.
    What issues? hmm?

Tim
    07-08-11 09:24 PM
    Need to side with the majority here...

What issues..? Lost nothing...phone is faster...

No errors...just purring along..
    07-08-11 10:00 PM
    I never had it lock up on any OS yet, it does on this one, it does not seem to work well with Quick Launch, shortcuts do not want to launch. When it does it causes a blank screen etc.. issues along this line. Like I said the signal seems better than others I have tried including all the hybrids. It just does not seem to be bug free. Have been on .522 for the last few hours and it seems to have solved the bug issue. This seems a little smother than .524 as well.
    07-08-11 10:04 PM
    I never had it lock up on any OS yet, it does on this one, it does not seem to work well with Quick Launch, shortcuts do not want to launch. When it does it causes a blank screen etc.. issues along this line. Like I said the signal seems better than others I have tried including all the hybrids. It just does not seem to be bug free. Have been on .522 for the last few hours and it seems to have solved the bug issue. This seems a little smother than .524 as well.

The theme might be the culprit for QL acting the way it does because QL works as good as always for me on my altered default theme.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-09-11 06:50 AM
    No problems with QL here either. No problems with any programs or loading. Was quirky initially, this was solved with a battery pull. There do seem to be problems running any theme other than the default theme. Been running smooth for 2 days now. The 160 1/7 is really nice.

07-09-11 10:15 AM
    I have discovered through similar issues with QuickLaunch that if your Spacebar is enabled to launch QL by the theme, then you have to DISABLE that ability in the QL options. There seems to be a conflict if both QL and the THEME are trying to launch the app. Perhaps that is your issue here?
    Kris Gent likes this.
    07-09-11 11:37 AM
    I guess I'm part of the majority, after 48 hours no problems. The .600 is operating terrific on my 9650. ZERO(0) problems,
    07-09-11 05:37 PM
    So far so good for me too. The only odd thing I'm seeing is that my Scoremobile alerts, in addition to going to my messages (as they should), also automatically open the app. Anyone else seeing this?
    07-10-11 06:36 AM
    So far everything about OS6 has been a nightmare, and this upgrade seals the deal, I am Android bound at my first opportunity.
    Of course I'm having the same "known issues" ( and it was released anyway? Are we trying to be Microsoft? Then throw in a serious backstep on signal stability, and even though universal search is off, I'm still getting a white page when I use quick launch...
    Charging has become a problem now too, not only is my lightning bolt gone, but the phone gives no indication it is being charged at all (not even in my app Internals) until a reboot.
    This is it for me, no Flash player, a serious deficit in hardware (compared to other new phones) and now this seriously unstable OS6, its no wonder RIM is loosing market share. I think OS 6.1 became OS 7 because of the bad taste OS 6 is leaving to far too many people.
    Ok rant off, but reality is, its been enough to push me away, I see an Evo in my future just as soon as I can make it happen

07-11-11 02:08 PM
    The original post actually has nothing to do with the .600 OS release at all...
    Omegazab likes this.
    07-11-11 02:13 PM
    It's definitely ready for "prime Time". QL works perfectly with 600, the issue is with your theme.
    07-11-11 02:48 PM
    I have been having issues with the camera. After taking a picture it doesn't show up immediately. It shows a black screen with a camera icon. Also earlier today for some reason or another the camera couldn't save pictures. That issue was fixed with a reboot.

07-11-11 03:00 PM
    It's definitely ready for "prime Time". QL works perfectly with 600, the issue is with your theme.
    I would agree with you but I am also having issues with the browser that I never have had with prior releases or hybrids. I have tried 3 re installs and shrank out everything I normally do. At best I have to give it to bad luck.
    07-11-11 04:24 PM
    I am having a problem where you cant disable universal search...... Any ideas?
    07-11-11 05:58 PM
    The original post actually has nothing to do with the .600 OS release at all...

god i was about to say this..... or it was .600 that did anything to the phone
    07-11-11 05:59 PM
    I am having a problem where you cant disable universal search...... Any ideas?
    Are you running a theme other than stock? If so, change to the stock theme, then access universal search option.
    07-11-11 08:08 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD