So does anyone else run into this? You shut your BB off at night, and when you wake up in the morning the LED is blinking (mine is blinking 3 diff colors because I'm running Berry Buzz) notifying you of new email?

I then turn it on, and yep, there definitely is new email!

How does it do that? WHY does it do that???
    06-25-10 06:33 AM
    Blackberrys never really fully turn off unless you pull the battery. When you turn it "off" with the power button its more of a stand-by mode.
    06-25-10 06:49 AM
    Really?? I never noticed that it actually still was receiving my emails when it was "off". ie I dont recall it doing this with my Tour, just since I got my Bold. Weird. Cool, but weird.
    06-25-10 06:52 AM
    It was the same with the tour too, i just moved to the Bold myself.
    06-25-10 06:55 AM
    Wild! I learn something new every day about my BB.
    06-25-10 06:57 AM
    My Storm doesn't notify me of anything while in standby. Maybe a setting on your devices?
    06-25-10 07:03 AM
    My Storm doesn't notify me of anything while in standby. Maybe a setting on your devices?

Well, that's the way my Tour and Curves always acted. When it was off, it was off. Now, with my new Bold, I wake up in the morning and it's flashing like a Xmas tree, but I STILL need to hit the red button and turn the device on!

Creeeepy!
    06-25-10 07:08 AM
    You can shut the radio off, but not the entire phone. If you put it in "bedside" mode when its charging, the only thing it will do is ring until you take it out of "bedside" mode, then you'll get all of your message indicators.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 07:12 AM
    If you really don't want any notifications coming through in the night (not sure why it bothers you) just shut off your data connection in Manage Connections. If you charge your Bold at night, you can also set that up in Bedside Mode on the Clock. Open you clock app and press menu, click Options, and under Clock change When Charging to be "Enter Bedside Mode". Then scroll down to Bedside Mode and change Disable LED to yes. You can alternately change Disable Radio to Yes and nothing will come through when charging, no calls, emails, etc.
    06-25-10 07:16 AM
    Yep I use Beside Mode on occasion. And fyi the LED doesn't bother me at all, I was just curious as to why/how it happened. And, like I said, my previous BB's never did this before.
    06-25-10 07:25 AM
    I think it goes off - I use the automatic on/off set from the Options application. The first day I got it, after restoring stuff from my tour on it, it turned off at 11:30pm but I was still tweaking it. Usually, when it turns back on at 6:15am, it starts to chirp and chime and beep as various emails come in from overnight. So none of those were delivered until it turned back on. At least, I think so - still only had it about 3 days.
    06-25-10 08:54 AM
    just asking... are you holding the red button long enough to have the alarm window come up and then "shut down", I do this and I get no notifications until I hit the red button (or the alarm powers it up) and then the emails and junk come flooding in.
    06-25-10 08:56 AM
    just asking... are you holding the red button long enough to have the alarm window come up and then "shut down", I do this and I get no notifications until I hit the red button (or the alarm powers it up) and then the emails and junk come flooding in.

Neither - I click on the "red circle" icon on the desktop to turn it off.
    06-25-10 09:09 AM
    Neither - I click on the "red circle" icon on the desktop to turn it off.

your right that is creepy then maybe try the other way and see if that yields any different results?
    06-25-10 09:55 AM
    I use bedside mode and a custom bedside profile to enter in bedside mode. Here u can specify that the LED not go off on notification. I have mine have no notifications except for phone calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:34 AM
    yes the clock app has many uses. one of which is the bedside mode. also with auto on and auto off as stated earlier all your notifications come in wen it automatically turns on at ur specified time. not while the device is "off"
    06-26-10 02:46 AM
    I use berrybuzz too, but I have the LED off for certain hours while in the charging pod at night. The light did drive me crazy flashing next to the bed. I allow calls to come through, but I figure everything else can wait until later. I do that under the settings of my berrybuzz under mute LED and reminders during . . . . I set a profile for every day of the week. My hubby did the same and we love that. If it is charging during the day, everything comes through as normal.
    06-26-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD