Hello fellow Crackberry-ites,

I am running .743 on my phone and recently upgraded my router to the RangeMax by NetGear (WPN824N). I notice that even when the phone is inches away from the router, the signal will cut off --- go to SOS --- then minutes later slowly pickup and get back onto UMA. I have even noticed that from time to time it will just stay at SOS. What are the optimal settings that I can play with in routerlogin.net so that I can get a better, more consistent connection?

Thank you,

LakeShow09

Go Lakers!
    06-16-10 07:44 PM
    Anybody? I am really disappointed in the quality of this router. If there is no fix, I will have to return and get a Linksys. I hear they are better.
    06-17-10 05:19 PM
    Linksys isn't necessarily better...they are just more popular, especially since Cisco bought them. But if you didn't have this problem before you got the new router, then go ahead and take it back and get a different one while you still can.
    There's no real 'optimal' settings...it should work pretty much effortlessly without changing much.
    You can try changing the "channel" on the wireless page to a higher channel. Other than that - its prob. just a faulty router.
    06-17-10 08:18 PM
    I sent you a PM...
    06-17-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD