I am about to upgrade to OS 5.0.0.100, but am nervous that certain things won't work. Anything I should be afraid of/ready to expect?
    06-15-09 12:18 AM
    Your phone will......EXPLODE! And chaos will begin with random reboots, white screen of death, and your phone beeping like R2D2! lol im jk 5.0 seems ok not too many issues for me. You might have to do the browser fix and the calendar fix. I did and am running it on an ATT Bold. If you try 5.0 stick with .100 as .09 and .93 have been giving lots of problems.
    Last edited by DreamAs2Live4Evr; 06-15-09 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo
    06-15-09 12:26 AM
    you should be ok. if for some reason something doesnt work, just make sure that you backed up all your 3rd party apps, and did a phone backup prior to the os install. this way you can go back to what you had before if you dont like it.
    06-15-09 12:28 AM
    ive heard that fb opera mini and the browser dont work...true?
    06-15-09 12:32 AM
    Its true that certain app don't work work on OS 5 so ymmv (your miles may vary). Yes the layout of OS 5 looks nice and such but some people reverted back to .266 due to all the bugs with it. Some accepted and lived with the bugs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:45 AM
    is it worth it?
    06-15-09 01:52 AM
    no facebook, no way
    06-15-09 02:37 AM
    no facebook, no way
    FB App sucks on the BB's Anyway.
    06-15-09 03:27 AM
    im going to stay on .266, same with one of the posts above, i use the facebook app for BB a lot and I use Viigo and I heard that doesnt work with 5.0 anyway.
    06-15-09 03:38 AM
    Absolutely no issue with 5.0.0.100 and Viigo. I can live without the Facebook app as FB emails any comments etc to you anyway!

Plus sides: Seems that battery life is improved, with some memory management (ie not letting anything run in background unless I *need* it to) and a fair bit of data/voice usage, I can just squeeze 2 days out of battery.
    06-15-09 04:01 AM
    Some apps won't ota (documents togo.... Um? A couple others google appss?)
    so get them first
    App world will install apps no problem

06-15-09 04:41 AM
    There's workarounds for just about everything...you vcan find the direct ota links to googles jads, the only thing I'd recommend is keeping appworld on the upgrade, its a real pain/impossibility to gfet it working on 5 atm unless you had it already
    06-15-09 05:04 AM
    ive heard that fb opera mini and the browser dont work...true?
    Writing this using opera mini and OS 5.0.0.100 - all is good here!

06-15-09 08:27 AM
    im going to stay on .266, same with one of the posts above, i use the facebook app for BB a lot and I use Viigo and I heard that doesnt work with 5.0 anyway.
    I am using viigo on my BB with OS 5.0.0.100 and its fine. I used Fb on .266 and its a shame its not yet working on 5.0 but find I cope fine with the mobile app to check status updates and IM+ for facebook chat which wasn't supported by the BB facebook app anyway

06-15-09 08:31 AM
    I installed OS 5.0.0.93 and here are some of the issues that I have had that I can't live with (will be trying .100 today)

* Loading time for BB OS is WAY too long considering how quick .247 and .266 were/are.
    * BB Browser takes forever to load - seems like it hangs but if u wait long enough, it'll chug along
    * Google Apps don't all OTA (Maps does, but GMail failed, even Google App itself failed)
    * Wordmole freezes!! WTF! I am champion word-moler...I can't have delays and lose time!
    * BB syncs with my BlueANT ST3 Bluetooth device, BUT when the Blueant tries to sync the Address Book, BB decides to shut right down
    * Random Java Errors when using regular apps (Telmap navigator, Wordmole, Google Maps, etc)

As I said, I'm gonna load .100 today so if any of these issues are resolved I'll let you know, also I'll post any new issues I find
    Last edited by MGV; 06-15-09 at 11:15 AM.
    06-15-09 11:13 AM
    There's workarounds for just about everything...you vcan find the direct ota links to googles jads, the only thing I'd recommend is keeping appworld on the upgrade, its a real pain/impossibility to gfet it working on 5 atm unless you had it already
    I'm not talking about "this isn't made for your device, please check back blabla"
    You get an invalid cod error when trying to ota.
    Appworld will load apps properly, so will loader.exe
    Desktop manager 5 will tell you the apps aren't made for your device

06-16-09 05:11 PM
    I'm using 5.0.0.100 only issue for me is battery life sucks.

06-16-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD