I've had my Blackberry Bold since release (with AT&T) and I've loved it ever since...until recently.

I posted in a few topics but never got any type of response, I'm hoping that creating my own topic will get better results. anyways, on to the problem...

My main problem before was that my input was being altered when typing anything. (ie. pressing 'o' would result in 'ou') did my research and found out it was a due to some liquid damage or something like that and drying would help. That resolved that problem but then this problem came about. My "P" key doesn't work, AT ALL.

I've taken my phone apart several times and tried cleaning around that particular input with no positive results. I was contemplating ordering a new keypad input (the white part with the circles under the keyboard), but was turned away when realizing no easy way to remove the one on my phone. It's not too big a problem but I've come to appreciate typing with "P".

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    08-15-09 08:40 AM
    Is the phone under warrany still? I would definitely have it repaired if so. Otherwise, may want to consider replacing keyboard.

Alternatively, you can consider learning to communicate without the "P". That would _rolly be a giant _ain in the ****...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 09:26 AM
    ^^^^ I agree with the post above me. I think you should just go and call att and ask to have your phone replaced. When my brother broke his ATT quikfire, it was covered under a warranty we didn't even know about and he got his replacement about 2 days later.
    08-15-09 09:30 AM
    You've voided your warranty taking your phone apart. You will be charged full retail price of the phone if you go through warranty and this is discovered. Your better bet would be to do an insurance claim on it, pay the deductible, and get a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:22 AM
    According to the ATT site:

Item SKU: 64905(BlackBerry® Bold(TM))
    Warranty and additional information
    New wireless devices carry a one-year warranty from date of purchase. Refurbished devices carry a ninety-day warranty from the date of purchase. To make a warranty claim after the first 30 days from purchase, call 1-800-801-1101.
    Just make sure it does not look like you've opened it up.
    08-15-09 11:03 AM
    I just had the same problem and was able to get my phone replaced under warrantee. the a key would type ou, the end would type nm, the send was jk and the trackball click wouldn't work at all.
    08-15-09 11:17 AM
    This happened with my pearl after getting it a little too sweaty. Some keys would type other letters, and it was not fun. I set it out over night, and I found that my #2 key (t/y) didn't work anymore, but all other problems were fixed. Mine was out of warranty, and the nice guy at AT&T was very apologetic, but he could do nothing for me. I stuck it out and kept my typing to a minimum, and when I got my new Bold in february, they waived the activation fee for my previous trouble. Only 18 dollars, but still nice to know they were thinking about me
    08-15-09 11:45 AM
    yeah...sorta figured i was out of luck. thanks for your guys' help.
    08-15-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD