I have a brand new sprint 9650 unlocked. Ok here is my question. A year ago I was using an iphone 3g on ATT GO PHONE. Even though ATT Stores say you couldnt get data to work, when you activated online, you could get data to work. ATT today says you can get unlimted talk and text on a blackberry but no data for 50 dollars a month no option for data. Any way around this?

Then there the new TMOBILE Unlimited Value plan. I was told that its 50 dollars a month unlimited talk and text and 100mb of data. For another 10 dollars i could get BBM to work, and for 75 a month i could get unlimited data, talk, and text. Has any one over the last couple months had any experience with these plans?

The lady at tmobile said that if i used an unlocked blackberry she cant gurantee my data will work perfect. Any truth to this? Says a TMOBILE blackberry would work perfect.

So will the app store work, facebook app, email, any? Will i get a blackberry.net email address with either?

Thanks for your input in advance
    07-31-11 12:42 PM
    Yes, there could be limitations on what you can get to work when trying to use one carrier's BlackBerry on another carrier's network in the US. The lady at the store has a point. Why not just activate your 9650 on Sprint? The Simply Everything plan is terrific. $99 (plus $10 data-hog add on) for unlimitd everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 03:10 PM
    Cant open a sprint account owe a bill from 2005 rather large
    07-31-11 03:13 PM
    You won't get any data on an AT&T GoPhone plan because they don't have Blackberry Internet Service. No way around that.
    If you choose to use your 9650 on T-Mobile, you'll be stuck with EDGE (2G) speeds, not 3G. Again, no way around that either.

So, just like Tõnis said, just use it on Sprint and you'll have everything working correctly.
    Or sell it & purchase a Blackberry that's already branded to the carrier you choose because you won't need to hassle with anything.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 07-31-11 at 06:16 PM.
    07-31-11 03:15 PM
    Ah, sorry. I skipped right over the prepaid part in your topic title.

Anyway, I'll watch the topic, too, to see what others have to say.

07-31-11 03:15 PM
    I never tried EDGE. I wonder if it would be good for someone like me, lol. I don't really need data a lot other than for push email, the various instant messenging clients, and for checking a few message boards like cb. Maybe it would work fine for my kind of usage ...

07-31-11 03:20 PM
    It's possible to get a Bold 9650 working on T-mobile, you just need to load the service books (there's a guide on here on how to do that for the Storm..but it also applies for the Bold 9650)...

Just because it's branded for one carrier doesn't mean it won't work with others...my Bold 9650 has worked perfectly with GSM carriers abroad with BIS.
    07-31-11 06:03 PM
    07-31-11 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD