I got a warranty replacement and am worried about getting charged by them since I updated the OS to a non-ATT version.

Whats the easiest way to get the original OS back on this phone? (I think it was .167)... I've deleted everything else I downloaded on the phone, but cant get the downgrade to work. I have to send the phone back TODAY!
    05-19-09 03:43 PM
    Download the OS and just install it as you did the newer OS's.

Note: I sent back my phone after a warranty replacement with .247 and haven't heard nothing from them. This was about 3 weeks ago.
    05-19-09 03:47 PM
    use crackmem v3.4 as it will do it all for you.

Download and install the original and then open crackmem.

Open crackmem choose wipe and this will also install the NEW OS.

You should see the new OS to the left screen on crackmem and click on it before doing all of the above.
    05-19-09 03:49 PM
    use crackmem v3.4 as it will do it all for you.

Download and install the original and then open crackmem.

Open crackmem choose wipe and this will also install the NEW OS.

You should see the new OS to the left screen on crackmem and click on it before doing all of the above.
    do i need to DL crackmem on my phone or comp?
    05-19-09 03:51 PM
    when i had my bold switched out it was running .247 and they didnt even notice... they wipe it as soon as it gets back to the service center anywas
    05-19-09 03:51 PM
    do i need to DL crackmem on my phone or comp?
    Computer only.
    05-19-09 03:53 PM
    I do agree that they don't even bother 95% of the time to check it out when it gets back as they wipe it anyways, but for practice why not do a crackmem so u get practice...
    05-19-09 03:54 PM
    true, i've had to wipe my phones a ton... and practice makes perfect!
    05-19-09 03:58 PM
    I got a warranty replacement and am worried about getting charged by them since I updated the OS to a non-ATT version.

Whats the easiest way to get the original OS back on this phone? (I think it was .167)... I've deleted everything else I downloaded on the phone, but cant get the downgrade to work. I have to send the phone back TODAY!
    I just got my replacement today and am downgrading to 167 as I type this. I just downloaded 167, deleted 266 from my pc and hit the go button. It will actually be interesting to goof around with my original phone with 167 installed with all my apps, etc. and to see how it compares to the recent releases. Gonna fire up the replacement later today and test it for a couple of days. I have to say it looks very, very nice. No scratches anywhere, bezel looks great, clean screen, etc. I know Forever and most here have had great experiences with refurbs and I hope that is the case with me.
    05-19-09 04:13 PM
    I just got my replacement today and am downgrading to 167 as I type this. I just downloaded 167, deleted 266 from my pc and hit the go button. It will actually be interesting to goof around with my original phone with 167 installed with all my apps, etc. and to see how it compares to the recent releases. Gonna fire up the replacement later today and test it for a couple of days. I have to say it looks very, very nice. No scratches anywhere, bezel looks great, clean screen, etc. I know Forever and most here have had great experiences with refurbs and I hope that is the case with me.
    Ok so I downloaded 167 and crackmem, went thru the whole list of instructions, but when I pop open Desktop manager, it keeps saying there are no applications to update. I look and my phone is still running .266. I dont understand, bc .167 is the ONLY OS I have downloaded on my work computer. UGH... any suggestions on what I need to do? Should I just do a Wipe on the phone? I'm scared this will brick it
    05-20-09 03:28 PM
    There are security files package with OS software to prevent you from "Accidentally" installing a non-approved OS.

Open CrackMem, select your preferred device OS and use the Remove Vendor.xml feature. That should allow the downgrade to proceed.
    05-20-09 05:06 PM
    There are security files package with OS software to prevent you from "Accidentally" installing a non-approved OS.

Open CrackMem, select your preferred device OS and use the Remove Vendor.xml feature. That should allow the downgrade to proceed.
    Yes this is correct, make sure in crackmem to check off delete vender.xml and if it still loads .266

Then you will need to manually delete the vendor.xl file.

I forget the exact location as i use Vista 64-bit, but read up on it here on crackberry as i posted about it and others as well.
    05-20-09 07:56 PM
    I sent back a bold with .247 about a month ago, and they never said anything about it. I didn't even think of changing the OS back to the original. I guess it doesn't matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD