I don't mean sync them or anything. I may be selling my Bold and getting another phone (not a blackberry), so I need to find a way of just exporting my contacts list so I don't have to write them all down one at a time...
    07-28-09 02:07 PM
    Sync with Outlook.
    07-28-09 02:08 PM
    Sync with Outlook.
    Or Google Sync.
    07-28-09 02:25 PM
    I don't mean sync them or anything. I may be selling my Bold and getting another phone (not a blackberry), so I need to find a way of just exporting my contacts list so I don't have to write them all down one at a time...
    google sync i believe backs em up on your gmail account.....and i notice most smart phones now use most common email services to back up contacts etc
    07-28-09 02:27 PM
    when i try and use google sync, it adds every single email address in my inbox to my contacts list...
    07-28-09 02:29 PM
    sounds about right
    07-28-09 02:30 PM
    Why not export the contact to the SIM card and wait for the next Bold?
    07-28-09 02:30 PM
    You can export your contacts to a excel file as well. It will save them as a .csv file format and then you can import them back threw DM..
    07-28-09 02:47 PM
    Why not export the contact to the SIM card and wait for the next Bold?
    That's a pretty time consuming process if you have 300+ contacts to move to the SIM card one at a time.

Gmail really is the best option I've found so far... but I didn't have a bunch of email addresses in my Google contacts list when I synced for the first time. I started with an empty gmail account, synced once, logged into Gmail and fixed the formatting of a few contacts and synced again. Now GoogleSync syncs automatically in the background for me at least once a day, and switching devices couldn't be easier. When I switch to a new BB, I just run GoogleSync and I'm all up-to-date on the new device. If I need to move my contacts to something that doesn't sync to Google, I export a plain CSV or something similar from Gmail. I'll never be without all of my contacts again. I even cleared out my Yahoo address book and now I sync that with Google manually from time to time (I haven't found an automated way to do that one yet), so even if Gmail completely disappeared and I stopped backing up my contacts in DM (neither of which is likely to happen), I wouldn't lose much. I can import a CSV to thunderbird or use a plugin to sync with Gmail there, too. So even without Outlook, all my contacts are available wherever I need them.

GoogleSync is a pretty amazingly helpful tool for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 02:49 PM
    when i try and use google sync, it adds every single email address in my inbox to my contacts list...
    yeah but wouldnt you rather just have xtra emails in your phone book than no phone book at all???

google sync is tha truth!
    07-28-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD