Anyone know how to get visual voicemail for AT&T working on unlocked Rogers 9900? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 04:24 PM
    This should work short term...

VVM
    stantonlh likes this.
    08-14-11 05:00 PM
    You can call AT&T and ask them to provision your account with VVM but they ask for you IMEI and it will show as a NON-AT&T device and there will be no love.

I have also had someone say you can stick your SIM is a older VVM AT&T units and get the SIM provisioned and then download the files to your 9900 and it will work with that SIM. I tried and it worked at first and then quit.
    08-14-11 05:15 PM
    This should work short term...

VVM
    The 2nd choice in this process worked for me but I had to add. both vendor id's "102|107" to each vendor id line.
    08-27-11 09:57 PM
    Would the vvm cod file from 9810 works in 9900? If it does, perhaps we can go to the 9810 forum to ask someone extract the 9810 vvm code file for us?
    08-27-11 11:13 PM
    I have an unlocked OEM 9900 that I picked up from Negri, and I managed to get my VVM working today on AT&T.

I pretty much used the directions from here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

Except my settings backup was from my 9810 Torch. I then installed the OTA VVM app, restored only my options/settings for VVM to my 9900, then did a battery pull restart.

It's up and working for now, receiving visual voicemails, popup indicators, etc - will keep you posted if it breaks.

I don't know what's in that settings/options file regarding the application, if there's any data that's carrier specific or phone specific in there. I would assume there would be, as once I launched the VVM app after the OTA install, it failed miserably trying to 'register' my phone with whatever VVM assets AT&T uses, throwing me a 'you fail' text message each time (it actually told me I needed to register with a correct 10 digit phone number or something to that effect).
    09-07-11 03:45 PM
    You can also call ATT and make sure your acct has your old Blackberry IMEI instead of the 9900's, then have them reprovision VVM. Ofcourse, make sure the VVM app is installed

09-07-11 09:55 PM
    You can also call ATT and make sure your acct has your old Blackberry IMEI instead of the 9900's, then have them reprovision VVM. Ofcourse, make sure the VVM app is installed

I have a Rogers unlocked 9900. Where can I download the VVM app?
    09-19-11 10:28 AM
    Don't bother, it will not work... eventually messages stop coming. Use Youmail instead. It is much better anyway as it tells you who calls are from even if you don't have the caller in your address book. It also greets your callers by their name, which is pretty cool.
    09-19-11 03:45 PM
    I have an unlocked OEM 9900 that I picked up from Negri, and I managed to get my VVM working today on AT&T.

I pretty much used the directions from here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

Except my settings backup was from my 9810 Torch. I then installed the OTA VVM app, restored only my options/settings for VVM to my 9900, then did a battery pull restart.

It's up and working for now, receiving visual voicemails, popup indicators, etc - will keep you posted if it breaks.

I don't know what's in that settings/options file regarding the application, if there's any data that's carrier specific or phone specific in there. I would assume there would be, as once I launched the VVM app after the OTA install, it failed miserably trying to 'register' my phone with whatever VVM assets AT&T uses, throwing me a 'you fail' text message each time (it actually told me I needed to register with a correct 10 digit phone number or something to that effect).

any update? it is till working? I just want to figure out if its worth it or not before devoting some time to tackling this issue on my rogers 9900. I am thinking that because ATT knows my EMEI and doesnt support this device that VVM probably wont work perfectly and forever until they release the device.
    09-27-11 01:33 PM
    09-27-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD