I was hoping to have you guys help sway me one way or the other. I have my cell service through work and currently have an 8310. They aren't to keen on getting us new phones but they let us purchase our own through our premier account.

I can get a Bold for $200 right now. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the Bold or wait for the Onyx. If the two phones were out right now I would definitely choose the Onyx as i would greatly prefer the better camera, smaller size, and touchpad. However, a release date still hasn't been given and I really can't stand my 8310 anymore. It gets a horrible signal at home and I know 3G will help that at least a little. I would also like the Wi-fi and increased data speeds in the Bold/Onyx.

So, what should I do? I won't be able to afford to buy the Bold now then the Onyx later so it's one or the other.

Thanks.
    08-27-09 07:08 PM
    try the bold now, if you dont like the bold when the onyx comes out, sell it and use the money to buy onyx.

ive had the bold since about april and its a awesome phone. i would recommend it.
    08-27-09 07:20 PM
    I love my bold but I played with my friends 8500 and the trackpad is amazing! I would wait for the onyx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 08:04 PM
    1 vote for each. Anyone else?
    08-28-09 01:25 PM
    I love my Bold but agree with delux_498
    08-28-09 01:28 PM
    Depends on whether you need a blackberry right now or not.

There's nothing that the Onyx does that the Bold cannot do. However, with the Onyx you get an improved camera, improved app memory, and the trackpad which is infinitely better than the trackball.

The small form factor is off-putting since it is as small as a curve 8900, but it really will be RIM's flagship device.

How long are you able to wait? It's coming to Europe first around November with a North America release date later, maybe in december or january 2010.

If you need an updated blackberry now, get the Bold. Otherwise wait for the Onyx. It really will be the "best" qwerty blackberry from RIM.

EDIT: well since you prefer smaller size and like the upgraded camera just wait. It will most likely be out by the end of the year. Since you are coming from an 8310 it will be a huge upgrade for you. For current Bold owners, not so much. But the trackpad really is amazing. For you, I say wait for the Onyx.
    08-28-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD