Ok, I downloaded and installed the latest OS(.650), did a back-up of everything(bbm, device, third party apps) I used jl_cmder and wiped my BB. Proble, Im having is locating the new OS to delete the vendor file, and get it loaded on my Bold.
    09-04-11 02:14 PM
    did you install the ne OS on your computer? if not it will not show up.
    09-04-11 02:16 PM
    Sorry, missed it in your first sentence. lol. when you install, watch where it is installing. I have had a few install in odd places and you have to start the reinstall to see where it in being saved.
    09-04-11 02:18 PM
    the only place i can find it in in the add/remove programs list, and ever from there i cant find the path location.
    09-04-11 02:20 PM
    the only place i can find it in in the add/remove programs list, and ever from there i cant find the path location.
    Run the installer again and it should come to a point where it lets you designate the location, watch where it is putting it and cancel the instal and go to that location.
    09-04-11 02:22 PM
    bustermin, thanks for the help but i cant figure this out. Just going to re-load .448/.488(which ever is T-Mos current) and just tough it out until they release an official OS. It keeps saying it is downloading the OS to the computer, but Dm and AppLoader keep saying there is nothing there to be found.
    09-04-11 03:28 PM
    pretty sure you can't have multiple versions of OS on your computer so you have to delete the old version from the computer first, then download the new version, then delete the vendor file and proceed as you would expect.
    09-04-11 04:32 PM
    You can have multiple versions. The latest takes precedence. We advise against in to minimize chances of something going wrong.

OP, read this 101. Uninstall the .650. Reboot the PC and follow the 101 to the letter.
    09-04-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD