good morning,
    i know there are a few threads on here that explain step by step how to do it, but i still fail to understand, my blonde moments surpass me sometimes, more than usual lol.

its unlocked for T-mobile, so i can make/receive phone calls, send/receive SMS & MMS, but i cannot use the web or anything else, please assist me, i dont know where to get the t-mobile service books.

i actually work for a T-Mobile retail store, so i know for a fact i cannot insert my IMEI into myt-mobile.com, it knows its not a T-Mobile phone, hence, no result.

my email is miszlisaa@ymail.com, or reply here, i appreciate all and any replies, thank you!
    07-22-09 10:20 AM
    If your phone is unlocked and you have a BlackBerry data plan with T-Mobile then all you need to do is login in their BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) webpage and from there send yourself the service books. You will need to create an account, if you haven't done so already.

T-Mobile BIS
    07-22-09 10:22 AM
    If your phone is unlocked and you have a BlackBerry data plan with T-Mobile then all you need to do is login in their BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) webpage and from there send yourself the service books. You will need to create an account, if you haven't done so already.
    thanks for the answer, but like i said above, that does not work.
    07-22-09 10:33 AM
    I assume you have a BlackBerry Data plan.

-UPDATE-
    You may no longer have to do these steps! It seems T-Mobile may now have the proper Bold Service Books. If you have a BlackBerry Data plan, go to MyTmobile Log in, go to email set up and choose change device. Enter the Bold's PIN and IEMI number and send service books. You may also need to register with the network by going to options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now. Good Luck. Let us know. And don't for get to set your TCP APN settings by going to: Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.
    I'm not too sure about this, but perhaps if you don't have a plan then it won't allow you to enter the PIN/IMEI
    07-22-09 10:37 AM
    good morning,
    i know there are a few threads on here that explain step by step how to do it, but i still fail to understand, my blonde moments surpass me sometimes, more than usual lol.

its unlocked for T-mobile, so i can make/receive phone calls, send/receive SMS & MMS, but i cannot use the web or anything else, please assist me, i dont know where to get the t-mobile service books.

i actually work for a T-Mobile retail store, so i know for a fact i cannot insert my IMEI into myt-mobile.com, it knows its not a T-Mobile phone, hence, no result.

my email is miszlisaa@ymail.com, or reply here, i appreciate all and any replies, thank you!
    i just unlcoked mines yesterday and these is what i did....i went to options - advance option - host routing table - click on the blackberry menu button - register now. you should recv a email that says that u are all registered.

i also just for the heck of it manually selected the network to be t-mobile.

if all this and any other suggestions fail....just call t-mo and they will help.

also do u have gprs / GPRS / edge or EDGE??

O N REMEMBER TO ADD "APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password."
    07-22-09 10:43 AM
    T-Mobile won't help you, we can see in our system when you have a different phone, the T-mobile.com way doesn't work, the "register now", i've tried that too, and i have internet obviously lol, i wouldn't miss that detail, i work for them ;]

I've tried all the steps in the tutorials i've found on Crackberry & nothing, i'm looking for a different solution.
    07-22-09 10:45 AM
    Okay, lets see. When you say you have internet I assume you're referring to having a Data plan. When you open the BB Browser, does it give you an error? What else are you unable to use?
    07-22-09 10:50 AM
    please disregard my lack of intelligence, my boyfriend is the one with the Bold, but im the "techie" he's too lazy

i don't remember word for word what the error message says, but it says something about configuration, if he's in a WiFi area, then everything works fine, and yes, sorry, i have the Blackberry Data Plan on the Bold.
    07-22-09 10:53 AM
    Maybe, just a thought, he is trying to use the Hotspot Browser instead of the WAP Browser. Hotspot is for WiFi, WAP for Data. Have you looked for two browser icons?
    07-22-09 10:57 AM
    T-Mobile won't help you, we can see in our system when you have a different phone, the T-mobile.com way doesn't work, the "register now", i've tried that too, and i have internet obviously lol, i wouldn't miss that detail, i work for them ;]

I've tried all the steps in the tutorials i've found on Crackberry & nothing, i'm looking for a different solution.
    yeah and they have a department that deals with unsupported phones.....just did it yesterday
    07-22-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD