i recently got a bold off ebay for a real good deal. however, im noticing a lot of severe static and clicking noises. and my calls skip like a cd. the guy i got it from hasnt responded to any more of my emails and wont issue a refund. and at this point i dont feel like dealing with paypal. what are my other options here? how do i know if its still under rims warranty etc. what would you do? thanks and im happy to be here as this is my first post!
    07-22-09 10:20 AM
    i recently got a bold off ebay for a real good deal. however, im noticing a lot of severe static and clicking noises. and my calls skip like a cd. the guy i got it from hasnt responded to any more of my emails and wont issue a refund. and at this point i dont feel like dealing with paypal. what are my other options here? how do i know if its still under rims warranty etc. what would you do? thanks and im happy to be here as this is my first post!

guess thats y u got such a "good deal"

motto of the day: if it sounds too good to be true.......

well u kno the rest
    07-22-09 10:45 AM
    you want your money back... but you don't want to deal with paypal... so why would you post anything?

your only solution is to file a claim on paypal.
    07-22-09 10:51 AM
    Guys if you're not gona help don't reply give the guy a break.... Sounds like ur speaker... Go to cnn.cn and buy a midplate. It comes with the speaker and u can also buy the t5 screwdriver to take the phone apart. Youtube a video on how to replace it it's really easy just unscrew the back and the midplate comes right off and put in the new one. Remember to tighten the screws correctly when you put it back on because if the contacts aren't touching correctly it will give you problems. Also cnn.cn is in hong kong so it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. Good luck with your new bold pm me if you need further assistance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 11:03 AM
    Guys if you're not gona help don't reply give the guy a break.... Sounds like ur speaker... Go to cnn.cn and buy a midplate. It comes with the speaker and u can also buy the t5 screwdriver to take the phone apart. Youtube a video on how to replace it it's really easy just unscrew the back and the midplate comes right off and put in the new one. Remember to tighten the screws correctly when you put it back on because if the contacts aren't touching correctly it will give you problems. Also cnn.cn is in hong kong so it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. Good luck with your new bold pm me if you need further assistance!

May be a long shot but certainly worth a try. If you do want a refund, then you will have to deal with PayPal and file a claim. False advertisement perhaps? Were you made aware of such noises before bidding?
    07-22-09 11:05 AM
    May be a long shot but certainly worth a try. If you do want a refund, then you will have to deal with PayPal and file a claim. False advertisement perhaps? Were you made aware of such noises before bidding?
    Its all going to amount to about 20 bucks with the t5 screwdriver so why not? Lol

07-22-09 11:07 AM
    Its all going to amount to about 20 bucks with the t5 screwdriver so why not? Lol

Note that I said long shot because of time XD. Certainly though, its only $20 or so bucks compared to a new device.
    07-22-09 11:09 AM
    Time for it to ship or time for the paypal thing? Lol

07-22-09 11:13 AM
    Shipping, well for both really XD.
    07-22-09 11:14 AM
    if its an ATT bold call att customer service and get it replaced. the bold has been out for less than a year so youre still in the factory warranty period.
    07-22-09 11:15 AM

thanks i appreciate that. the god almightys come out to bash the new guys, but when they need help they wonder why they dont get it. either case i can open a paypal dispute, but by the time i get my money back itl be like a month or so. meanwhile this bold is a work cell phone that doesnt work right. so thats not a real valid option. im more concerned with figuring out if my insurance or a warranty is still on this.
    07-22-09 11:48 AM
    I say figure out if its still under warranty.... Make sure the warranty sticker on the t5 screw is intact and that the white sticker on the battery and inside the phone aren't red because att will charge for the whole cost of the phone if it is. And if it isn't under warranty then do what I said....

07-22-09 11:51 AM
    so you say thats under the battery? a white sticker? see i never purchase phones off ebay, the one time i did, i get this hunker.

a little white square sticker? to the left of the battery area?

both stickers are white, and there.
    Last edited by thatwaswackberry; 07-22-09 at 11:59 AM.
    07-22-09 11:55 AM
    att says "you have to show the purchase of the phone on your account to be eligble for a warranty". there goes that, i guess next step might be insurance.
    07-22-09 12:22 PM
    If you had insurance on your previous phone it transfers to your bold. If you're going to file a claim say you lost it.... If you say its broken they will charge you the 125 deductible and want the phone back, if you "lost" it then they will charge the same amount and they don't need the phone back obviously. Remember don't use your sim card again and you will be phoneless until you get the new phone.

07-22-09 12:27 PM
    thanks i appreciate that. the god almightys come out to bash the new guys, but when they need help they wonder why they dont get it. either case i can open a paypal dispute, but by the time i get my money back itl be like a month or so. meanwhile this bold is a work cell phone that doesnt work right. so thats not a real valid option. im more concerned with figuring out if my insurance or a warranty is still on this.
    aint nobody bashn no one. Just a mere statement in hopes that people be more cautious when buying phones online, even with paypal backing you. I got burned b4 so i kno how mad i was and im sure he is too.

I dunno how much he bought the phone for but i would have smelled a rat knowing that the phone is less than a year old...so any "really good deal" is just gonna turn inot a really bad nightmare

talk on..................
    07-22-09 12:44 PM
    guess thats y u got such a "good deal"

motto of the day: if it sounds too good to be true.......

well u kno the rest
    Yeah, I'm sure part of what made it such a "great deal" is how many times it was dropped or soaked and whatnot. Buyer beware when the cheap bug starts itching a little too much.
    Last edited by Brandon26pdx; 07-22-09 at 01:46 PM.
    07-22-09 01:43 PM
    if its an ATT bold call att customer service and get it replaced. the bold has been out for less than a year so youre still in the factory warranty period.
    Yep, I would second trying this first and seeing if you can luck out with a warranty replacement
    07-22-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD