So I plan on putting my curve up on ebay as I'm sure alot of other crackheads are. I have questions tho about prepping my phone to be sold and the right time to sell it.

Me and my friend discussed that the ebay price for the curve may drop once the bold hits. I'm not positive on this because they still are selling pretty strong on ebay. Within a month after the bolds release I feel like the price will defiantly take a hit but within a day or so of the bolds US release I think some will still squeak by getting decent prices. I was wondering what you guys felt about this. I would sell my berry today but I would probably need to be hospitalized by the time the bold was release from blackberry withdrawal syndrome.

My other problem is there are several scrapes on the corners of the phone. The phones internals are 100% but I'd still like the outside asthetics to look as nice as possible. I know that like cnn.cn sells the outer case for the curve and trackballs. Is there a company in the US that sells these also. And would it be worth it for me to purchase this? Costs vs. selling price benefits.

I still have my box and everything that came with it so I'm sure that will help.

So in conclusion (and cliff notes for you light readers)
    • Selling date vs Bold release date
    • Fixing scratches to improve price
    • Leave 4.5.0.69 and boast about video recording or flash back to 4.2.2
    08-17-08 06:01 PM
    I cant answer all your questions, but I can say that in all fairness, you need to restore the OS to the carrier approved OS. If the buyer wants to upgrade the OS after they get it, thats their business; but at least you will know that you morally gave them what they're supposed to have and not what you souped it up to be.

2ndly, & again in all fairness, full disclosure is what I look for. If you know that you have replaced the housing due to damage, you might want to be upfront about that also. This way, you are putting the decision in the buyers hands; they may buy, they may not - but at least you didnt hide any details.

Personally, I dont want a used phone. I dont want one that's been damaged; but now has a new housing. I dont want to have to worry about it failing me because of something that happened when it was with you.
    08-17-08 06:09 PM
    Thats true and yea I would disclose everything. I also had that feeling about the OS.
    08-17-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD