I have tried this several times and the outcome is the same:

I download a newer OS (my current one on my 9700 is .402) I install it. I go to program files, common files, rim, app loader etc. and delete the vendor. I plug in my BB and double click loader. It goes through the setup wizard but when it gets to the screen about installing, all that shows up are 3rd party apps that are already installed on my BB (like games, weather etc.)

There is nothing about new software or new OS. I tried with several different OS types but got the same result. I am doing this on Windows XP. Any idea what could be going on? I mainly would like to download to a newer OS because I've read the battery life is much better and some other good things.

I might have to resign myself to just using .402 but if anybody has any idea what's going on or something else I might try it would be greatly appreciated!
    05-25-10 12:56 AM
    Suggestion: First, backup your data and settings using DM... then, backup your 3rd party apps either with the link in my signature or using BBSAK (either available through links in my signature)... THEN use BBSAK or CrackMem to Wipe your device and load an OS... finally reload your backup files and 3rd party apps.
    05-25-10 06:23 AM
    Make sure that you're not connected to the internet as well... that seems to interfere sometimes...
    05-25-10 09:00 AM
    Oh wait, have you also uninstalled your older OS? Might not make a difference, but I do it always anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 09:15 AM
    to be honest i had the same problem with me while installing new OS i tried so many times and got mad i am not sure but download the new OS to desktop and try to restart ur pc may be it will help anyways goodluck.
    05-25-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD