hi all on this lovely friday evening !

I could never view youtube videos on my bold so I thought I try a upgraded OS and seems like .266 is the best one out right now.

I've upgraded OS on my BB's before and even upgraded to .167 but for the life in me I can't seem or can't remember how to upgrade to .266. I read the stickied thread and followed the instructions (or tried to)...

I downloaded the link in there and it was for the desktop manager? I downloaded the 4.7 one... deleted the vendor.xml, and clicked on the loader.exe... then proceeded to upgraded thru DM... and after 30 minutes of installing..

my current OS still says .167 ... what did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.
    05-29-09 06:19 PM
    The OS upgrader is separate from the Desktop Manager. Loader.exe only upgrades your
    Bold device software. DM can do a lot more, such as, syncing your PIM, syncing with your
    iTunes playlist through media sync add-on, etc.

Did your Bold restart a few times during the upgrade process when Loader.exe was doing its
    Job? Did you see the completion screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 06:48 PM
    ok I highlighted the "loader.exe" app and it says "4.6.0.19"

Is this the wrong version? Bc when I clicked on it...nothing new was installed..as if it was the same thing.

Did I not download the correct updated file?

nevermind I just found the .266 file from megaupload...but my bb has been bricked in the meantime... hahah error code 507.
    Last edited by Iced-Tear; 05-29-09 at 07:22 PM.
    05-29-09 07:10 PM
    ok I highlighted the "loader.exe" app and it says "4.6.0.19"

Is this the wrong version? Bc when I clicked on it...nothing new was installed..as if it was the same thing.

Did I not download the correct updated file?

nevermind I just found the .266 file from megaupload...but my bb has been bricked in the meantime... hahah error code 507.

507 doesnt necessarily mean its bricked. my Curve said that too after i unbranded it. it just means there no OS found on the device.
    05-29-09 08:18 PM
    507 doesnt necessarily mean its bricked. my Curve said that too after i unbranded it. it just means there no OS found on the device.
    besides getting into the tecnical aspect of it, I finally got .266 to install...and I lost all my data.... luckily I had just saved up a backup copy accidently earlier when I re-installed .167 hoping to install .266...

now im back up and running.

**EDIT

I lost all my themes and downloaded apps..is there a way for me to retrieve them?
    Last edited by Iced-Tear; 05-29-09 at 08:45 PM.
    05-29-09 08:42 PM
    you shouldve backed up all applications first. themes can be reinstalled using desktop manager. you will have to go find them online and download them again if you dont keep backup files of them.
    05-29-09 09:08 PM
    besides getting into the tecnical aspect of it, I finally got .266 to install...and I lost all my data.... luckily I had just saved up a backup copy accidently earlier when I re-installed .167 hoping to install .266...

now im back up and running.

**EDIT

I lost all my themes and downloaded apps..is there a way for me to retrieve them?
    How exactly did you do it?! Did you do it through the app loader? I tried both, DM and APP loader, and nothing works. It still appears as the .167.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
    06-01-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD