There are 4 phones on the account:
    Razr, eligible for upgrade since early '09 (but she doesn't want to change)
    Onstar, verizon phone in the SUV (for only $10!)
    BB 8830 not eligible for upgrade until 12/10
    Droid, son's phone, just added to my account last month

The Razr was the first phone on the account, and has been listed as the primary phone for several years. I just noticed today, that somehow, when I added my son's Droid to the account, his phone is now listed as primary (and not due for upgrade until 2011).

I was thinking I could use the Razr upgrade to get a 9650, then activate it in place of my BB 8830. Do I need to call Verizon and ask them to change the Razr back to the primary phone (tonight) so I can order tomorrow? I have no idea why they changed primary from the Razr to the Droid.

I am thinking to pay another few bucks and get on an annual upgrade plan as well. The technology is moving fast and I have learned my lesson with the 8330....solid device, but at 18 mos it feels like it is 5 years behind.

Thanks in advance for any advice about whether I can use the Razr upgrade, then activate the 9650 in place of the 8330.
    06-02-10 09:11 PM
    you can upgrade using the razr. nothing will change, just activate on your BB line.
    06-02-10 09:14 PM
    Use the Razr upgrade, get your 9650.
    Simple as that, and its easy!
    06-02-10 09:16 PM
    Thanks guys for the quick affirmation. I don't think I will last until midnight....but will try to order at 5 AM!
    06-02-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD