I have the Bold 9930 for Verizon and I have the IMEI # and Network MEP Code.. did everything the unlocking instructions asked, but I guess I didn't even notice that my radio wasn't shut off during the unlock process.. after I put in the code a message came up saying "you have inserted a sim card would you like your blackberry to automatically select cdma or gsm based on the network availability" then yes or no options.. at first I selected no and then noticed on another set of unlocking instructions that the radio should have been off (initially the only set of instructions were:
    Step 1:
    Insert unsupported SIM card
    Step 2:
    Restart your phone.
    Step 3:
    When prompted, carefully enter the unlock code.
    That’s it! Your phone is now unlocked

Reminder: Make sure to enter the unlock code accurately! If you enter the wrong code too many times (usually more than 10) some phones will “freeze,” making it difficult or impossible to unlock them in the future)

which actually said nothing about radio off.. I did turn it off then restored afterwards and it still shows verizon. I did a master reset then the message "you have inserted a sim card would you like your blackberry to automatically select cdma or gsm based on the network availability" came up again then I turned the radio on and it STILL shows verizon.. what do I do from here? How can I ensure my phone be unlocked?
    10-12-13 11:51 PM
    Verizon on boot screen is difficult to get rid of.

If you inserted a non Verizon sim and it works then its unlocked

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-12-13 11:54 PM
    Verizon on boot screen is difficult to get rid of.

If you inserted a non Verizon sim and it works then its unlocked

Its not stuck on any screen.. the only issue is Verizon happens to be the network that continues to pop up when I restore the radio connection.. Makes me question whether or not the unlock actually succeeded
    10-12-13 11:57 PM
    All the list under the sim security should say disabled or inactive

http://iunlockblackberry.com/instruc...-instructions/

This is all I could find briefly googling

10-13-13 12:09 AM
    All the list under the sim security should say disabled or inactive

How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9930 , 9900 - Unlocking Instructions -

This is all I could find briefly googling

Thank you I've been googling my *** off lol, and been trying to figure out whatever I could before posting on a forum. Everything says disabled except network which reads inactive
    10-13-13 12:32 AM
    Not sure if you've tried this? If you've unlocked your blackberry, you can switch to GSM by going under Options>Network and Connections>Mobile Network. Under network technology change from 1XEV (Verizon) to GSM/UMTS. You should turn off Data Services first as you won't have service books for the GSM network.

Do you have a signal at your location for the sim card you are trying? I have my 9930 unlocked with an Airvoice sim (AT&T). If I want to swtich to AT&T, I follow the steps listed above. I also turn Data Services off since I don't have service books for AT&T.
    10-13-13 07:48 AM