I need some help please. I added a couple new gmail accounts to my blackberry last night and now when I try to set the default services for contact sync but it won't let me select any email other than the 2 that I added last night.

What I've tryed:
    - unselect contact sync in email setup for the 2 new gmail accounts
    - unselect then reselect contact sync for the email that I want my contact list to sync with

- yelling really loud at my phone

My specs:
    AT&T 9700 unlocked on Rogers Network
    OS 6 - .461 Telus release

any ideas?
    03-08-11 02:29 PM
    Thios could be a bug wih BIS or gmail. It could be confusing the blackberry's syncing ability. I don't sync, but I use desktop manager to backup stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 05:41 PM
    Exoerienced the exact same problem last night.

I loaded a gmail account 2 days ago, without problems. Then yesterday, when I wanted to add a second account, an e-mail setup update came through and it was after this that the option to set my Contact list (SYNC) to anything other BUT the new address, dissapeared.

I deleted the new addres - no success.

I restored a back-up of one week ago, no success.
    05-30-11 04:47 AM
    Have either of you found a solution?

06-23-11 10:08 PM
    Hi PurpleMonkey & Jammyjoe0402

I have a 9780 with OS 6.0.0.480 and also EXACTLY the same problem as you guys. Gosh! I want to kick out my ex-wife's email ID outa my "SYNC Contact List". Question is how on earth do I do this?
    08-01-11 09:42 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this. I am having the same problem and I want to throw my phone.
    09-02-11 02:41 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to this. I am having the same problem and I want to throw my phone.
    If you google it, there isn't any solution yet amongst the number of existing threads. File a ticket with RIM. And don't throw your phone.

09-02-11 04:32 PM
    I had the same problem...most frustrating!! The solution was simple (ultimately): I uninstalled my Desktop software and re-installed. At that point, the system allowed me to select how to synch my contacts (along with calendar, tasks, etc.). By selecting Outlook, everything went back to normal, and life is good again.
    09-12-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD