Im actually desperate and I'm going to lose my mind. My screen broke on my 9700. I got a new 9900. I have over 100 work contacts which I use on a daily basis. Not all of them of course but I need them all. They are not saved to my sim or micro sd. I think they're on the phone itself. Anyways, when I plug in and blackberry desktop software comes up, I cannot important or back up my contacts from my phone to the blackberry desktop software because it says this (picture below; I would do what it says but I cannot see my screen to do so, and I don't have these contacts wirelessly synced anywhere else) HOW DO I GET MY CONTACTS... someone please help. I have a macbook pro 2011 if that matters.

Need help getting contacts off my phone-screen-shot-2013-08-08-9.24.13-pm.jpg
    08-08-13 08:25 PM
    Im actually desperate and I'm going to lose my mind. My screen broke on my 9700. I got a new 9900. I have over 100 work contacts which I use on a daily basis. Not all of them of course but I need them all. They are not saved to my sim or micro sd. I think they're on the phone itself. Anyways, when I plug in and blackberry desktop software comes up, I cannot important or back up my contacts from my phone to the blackberry desktop software because it says this (picture below; I would do what it says but I cannot see my screen to do so, and I don't have these contacts wirelessly synced anywhere else) HOW DO I GET MY CONTACTS... someone please help. I have a macbook pro 2011 if that matters.
    If you have a broken screen and you cannot turn off the wireless sync then you do have an issue with no solution. The point of wireless synching even being on is that they are synced somewhere to an account. If you are not using that feature, it goes without saying it should not have been on, and this is the big reason why because of the conflict avoidance.
    08-08-13 08:31 PM
    I think you can log into your BIS site online and turn it off there. Im not positive though. what kind of email is it?
    08-08-13 08:32 PM
    If you have a broken screen and you cannot turn off the wireless sync then you do have an issue with no solution. The point of wireless synching even being on is that they are synced somewhere to an account. If you are not using that feature, it goes without saying it should not have been on, and this is the big reason why because of the conflict avoidance.
    Isnt there some kind of software I can buy to suck it off? I will pay for this. These contacts are extremely important.
    08-08-13 08:33 PM
    Wireless sync usually means that it's syncing with your email provider. Check who your email provider is and go to the contact section and your contacts should appear there.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-08-13 08:38 PM
    Wireless sync usually means that it's syncing with your email provider. Check who your email provider is and go to the contact section and your contacts should appear there.

Posted via CB10

I've gone through phones like nobody's business. This one was on wireless sync although it is not synced. I am typically on a BES server, and it would be synced to my outlook. Seeing as this particular phone was not synced, all of them are gone. I thought it was synced. Now that my phone screen broke, I went to check my contact list and its not up to date. Only 40 contacts out of 117 that I just had.
    08-08-13 08:41 PM
    I think you can log into your BIS site online and turn it off there. Im not positive though. what kind of email is it?

Why would you to advise to turn it off? What are you thinking? Add the email account to the 9900 and make sure to enable Wireless Sync again. Your contacts will be downloaded from whatever email address is currently set to sync with.
    08-08-13 08:42 PM
    Why would you to advise to turn it off? What are you thinking? Add the email account to the 9900 and make sure to enable Wireless Sync again. Your contacts will be downloaded from whatever email address is currently set to sync with.
    Ok. I didn't "turn" it off. A while ago I had a phone that was on the BES server. That broke. It was also synced so I got a new phone out of my drawer at work. Those contacts were saved. The new phone I started using was not synced and my BES account was not activated on my phone (current/broken screen one). So all the contacts I added during the use of this phone were not saved. Now I have a brand new 9900. I am stuck.
    08-08-13 08:45 PM
    Please re-read the OP you'll understand why howarmat suggested what he did.
    08-08-13 08:46 PM
    he would still have the copy on the phone that he could transfer off the phone this way. obviously if they are synced in the cloud then he just has to add the email onto the 9900 but im guessing they are not otherwise we wouldnt be needing this thread
    08-08-13 08:46 PM
    Contact blackberry. They will K ow of a way

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:47 PM
    Ok. I didn't "turn" it off. A while ago I had a phone that was on the BES server. That broke. It was also synced so I got a new phone out of my drawer at work. Those contacts were saved. The new phone I started using was not synced and my BES account was not activated on my phone (current/broken screen one). So all the contacts I added during the use of this phone were not saved. Now I have a brand new 9900. I am stuck.
    As I've said unless you can get onto the device and turn off the sync, you cannot retrieve them off the device. I'm sorry about the situation you are in, but between consistency and security, that's the point of the function, that there is no way to circumvent it without doing a security wipe which would just destroy the contacts anyway.

Again I sympathize with your situation this isn't the first time I've seen this, but this is the first time where someone has had a broken screen. Unless you get the screen replaced there's nothing you can do.
    08-08-13 08:49 PM
    he would still have the copy on the phone that he could transfer off the phone this way. obviously if they are synced in the cloud then he just has to add the email onto the 9900 but im guessing they are not otherwise we wouldnt be needing this thread
    howarmat the problem is the setting can only be set on the device, the one that he is referring to, even if an old school BIS portal existed that will not change the device setting. The system we are talking about is the device and computer only. It's completely independent of everything else. But you are 100% correct that turning off sync is the only solution, the only problem is it can only be done on the device. I think the poster that reacted negatively hadn't read the OP fully.

Only solution is to get the screen replaced.
    08-08-13 08:51 PM