Under Options - - > Devices - - > Adv Sys Settings - - > Default Services; Contact List (SYNC), I need to change the email id. At present, its my -ex's & I've no clue how it even got there.

I use my 9780 with BIS & 1 Gmail account.

Please Help ?

08-01-11 11:37 AM
    Under the Email Set Up application, you can choose to sync some email account's contacts (like Gmail and Hotmail). Just look for this in the Set Up application, or else go Messages, to Options and Email Account Management.
    08-01-11 04:14 PM
    @ diegonei and Phill_UK

gentlemen!

I seriously need some help. I have this "ex's" email id sitting in Contact List (SYNC) under Default Services showing 469 contacts & some 1000+ phone numbers at the minimum. I have no clue how it even got there in the 1st place since nobody touches my phone.

I am quite petrified that this email id MUST GO out off my phone as I really dunno what it may be syncing or doing with this email id over which I've no control.

I've cracked my brains trying to figure out what needs to be done to kick out this email id. On the other hand, I've my own email id under :

1. Calendar (CICAL)
    2. Messaging (CMIME)

Could you be so kind as to help me get rid of this email id outa my phone which is located under Contact List (SYNC) ?

A BIG THANKS in advance !

Please respond.
    08-02-11 10:40 AM
    Have you tried to do a complete wipe? Options-Security-Security Wipe. That should set things back to your factory settings.
    08-02-11 10:43 AM
    @ laurah

Yes - it did after doing a (email & contacts) WIPE.

1. Prior to that, I did a full Backup using the DM.
    2. Upon doing a "selected Restore" with everything, minus all elements of the Address Book, the problem cleared (And I was all )
    3. But as I didn't have my contacts, I again did a restore of the Address Book & this brought back the problematic email id once again.
    [Hence, its evident that this email id is embedded in the Address Book.]

Question:

How do I get back my Address Book from the backup file ?
    08-02-11 01:16 PM
    OK - finally struck GOLD !

"google sync" did it for me. Installed g-sync Apps on the device. Did a 'sync' and finally the entire Address Book was restored. (MINUS THE PROBLEM).

wOw !! Thanks Laurah for all help & being supportive. Appreciate it!
    08-02-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD